Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Help
I have been fishing at a lake in MI for most of the summer now and all i have been catching is bluegill and perch. I only use worms there because that is the only thing i have ever caught fish with on that lake. I have tried using hula poppers, spoons and scented worms, but i have had no luck. I have gone to multiple web sites to find out some tips on fishing for bass or pike but none of those worked. I was hoping some one could give help me out and tell me why I'm not catching anything.
[signature]
I can't speak about bass but we have plenty of northerns and from what I can see what works for them should work for bass...

Leave the worms at home, pike have better things to do. If the weathers hot the big fish are going to be in deeper water. You'll catch hammer handles near shore in the weeds. Last night I was tossing a Croc spoon and bringing them in from shore, we had thunderstorms all around but it was still hot. Top water produced nothing. Cranks did nothing same for spinner baits. Use a dead slow retrieve on anything with a wide wobble. And if your looking for pike be sure to use a wire leader. I also do what everyone else says don't do: I downsize. I prefer to toss smaller lures as opposed to big ones and I still catch as many as everyone else. Good luck.
[signature]
I use alot of Creature Baits. for bass ..they seam to like them alot ..so do pike ...and things with alot of things hanging off work well.... fishing weeds? rig it weed less some time I put them on a lead head ...make sure it has a long hook ..that works well if you fishing deep water or rocks ..good luck ..can I ask what lakes your fishing?
[signature]
thanks!, i am fishing sunset lake, its in Vicksburg MI, right outside of town, its not very big i would say its only about 1-2 square miles
[signature]