Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alaska Fishing
I know this is the Idaho Forum but I had to let you guys know. Last year I went to Craig to fish for Halibut and Salmon. I never posted anything about it but it was a great trip. My Son Jacob is there right now. No he didn't take his Barbie fishing pole but he wanted to. I just got off the phone a minute ago. He caught 4 Halibut today between 30 and 70 pounds. He was on cloud 9999.
He got ling cod and also a bunch of rock fish and other fish no salmon.
I can't wait to see pictures. My Uncle took him and I guess My 88 year old uncle hooked something that smoked the real and took the line. That is all I hear about it. I guess Uncle Jim's eyes were as big as pie plates!
I will post more when I hear. Ron
[signature]
Sounds like he is having a great time. I bet he is on Cloud 9, memories that will be with him for a lifetime. Post some pics when he gets back with them.
[signature]
I worked in Excursion Inlet for three summers my wife worked there for 6 summers. She was my boss and fired me twice...[crazy] long story...

We love Alaska and are trying to figure out a way to get back there soon. I worked from 7AM until 2AM and got up at 4AM to fish until 6:30AM. O'ya I drank a lot of Mt. Dew.[laugh]

Windriver
[signature]
What a great experience. This is awesome[fishin][Wink]
[signature]
We went up to Alaska last year as well. Like you said, incredible! As Windriver said, we're trying to find a way to get back up there soon as well. Glad that they are having a great time at least!
[signature]
Well give him or congrats. Alaska fishing has been one of my favorite trips. When i lived there I use to make weekend trips to Valdez often. It is memories I will never forget and doubt he will as well. As for line smoking fish, sounds to me like a salmon shark. I know there are alot of things in there that could burn line like that. Craig does have salmon sharks but i think they are less abundant than in Valdez. I have hooked up on a few while fishing for halibut. Most of the time using salmon for bait. They will test your reels for sure. I was able to land a 5'7" salmon shark but most other hookups resulted in a straitend hook. Good times
[signature]