Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vancouver lake?
Anyone try to fish vancouver lake? Im up in the area sometimes and was wondering if it is worth it. Ive heard from locals its polluted and a very poor fishery any input

~4poundonly
[signature]
Hey man,

I live in Vancouver and seldom fish Vancouver Lake, but when I do I go down by the Park where the water comes in from the Columbia under ground and there are always a bunch of guys out there catching bluegill and such. There are also fisherman tossing way out with heavy poles looking for catfish. They must catch them because they are always there trying!

I usually go a little farther down the road away from the lake and fish at the boat ramp at Caterpillar Island on the Mighty Columbia. Mostly small perch and an occasional sm bass.

One day I was there at Caterpillar Island and only catching six to eight inch yellow perch and got tired of it and decided to drive down the river to a spot I had fished with little success before, but you never know. There was a guy out on the beach fishing and, of course, I asked how it was going. Said it was a little slow, but having fun. He showed me how to rig my line with HUGE weights and some yarn and a bead and a worm to catch trout way out in the river. I rigged it up and cast for all I was worth. He said it was a good spot I cast to and we waited...five minutes later I feel a slight tug and figure it is a fish, what with all the weight and river current it was hard to tell. I reeled it in, very excited, and there on the hook was an eight inch yellow perch. Ha Ha. All that work and the perch followed me.

What the hay, catching fish is catching fish!
[signature]
Thank you I got fam in vancouver everytime I go up there they dont wanna fish vancouver lake I like it cuz its close but never attempted to fish there but looking to target yellow perch next time any tips?[cool]
[signature]