Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Half day at the Nell
Deloris and I headed up to the Nell this morning for some fishing, we got there about 5:45 and was on the water by 6...

It has been just over a week sense I have been on the Nell, but the water looked like it may have only dropped a foot or so but the temps have gone down about 3 to 68...

We fished a few points and such and got a few bass most small about 12" to 14" then Deloris hooked in to one that was putting up a better fight and at first sight it looked like a 19 to 20" fish we was hoping it was a bass but ended up being a 20" something bow ( I forgot just how long it was) but it weight was 2lb 10oz ....

Had trouble getting my big motor to start after we got to one of the spots we fished so we could not move around as much as we needed to but it was a good day of fishing with a great guy...

.[inline DSC05320.JPG]
[signature]
Too bad about your big motor. Hope you get problem resolved soon. But it sounds as tho you got a taste of what I was concerned about last week.

For you smallie hunters out there, Rockport ain't too bad of a replacement. Went there a few times last week relative to that CAST event for kids. Nice avg fish in 11-14" range. Chock-full of crawdads. Several buddies concur.
[signature]
Bassrods,
Thank you again for letting me tag along and ask questions. I really appreciate your willingness to share some of your knowledge and expertise.

And while maybe the numbers were not quite what we had hoped, it was still a good day and I hope to do it again!

By-the-Way, that Bow made for a very nice lunch!
[signature]
Let me know when your free to go and we'll do it again...
[signature]