Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lake mead 8/9-10
[cool]Went out at o'dark thirty to government wash to tube for some stripers. I was hoping to get them while they were boiling. I spent four hours there with out a bite(I was only using lures) and no boils. So I went south of 33 hole to salvage the day on may be a largemouth. I tried a few coves for nada then I saw my first boil. As it came towards me they sounded but I got one that was on the edge of the school. Went out towards an island and saw more boils in the far distance, way to far to chase down in a floattube. Finally had another boil come within casting distance and got another. Both were about 1.5lbs. Today went to same spot and got no love in three hours. Decided to go between a couple islands and a boil erupts. But they sounded before I could get within casting distance. I decided to toss my white jig anyway for a stragler or two. I was lucky to get three from there before the wind came up and shut it all down. Off the water after 4.5 hours.
[signature]
Nice work. Thanks for the report!!
[signature]
Nice fish Big E[shocked] if you dont mind me asking what were u throwin at em? I got a old caddis high sierra use to use on sm washington/oregon lakes now you got me thinking I should take it out for a trip on the mead[sly]
[signature]
[cool]I was tossing a 3" white curlytail grub on a 1/4 oz. darterhead jig. When they boil they will hit almost anything white and a single hook makes it easier to get back in the action faster. Be prepared to kick alot and far to chase them down. Good luck.
[signature]
Thanks big E[Wink]
[signature]