Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bass attack at Starvation
[Wink]Started out early this morning. Woke my son up and then my nephew. Met up with MaDfisher55 and headed to Starvation Reservoir. We hit Indian Bay. I had to wrestle with the 9 year old to get him out of the car. It was a little cool this morning. While I was getting him ready to go his cousin set up his tube and got him in his waders. Mark had already hit the water and called out that he had already started to catch fish. Nuts! the kid is making it hard to get at the fish. Once I pushed off on the kids and they were out I parked the car and jumped in the toon. Soon I had a nice smallie on line.
[inline DSCN0787.JPG]
I was trying out a new method for me a double drop shot. I am now a believer. I had many hits on including one that marked on the ff as a large fish. Soon as I dropped the line I hooked into what acted as a large fish. I soon had a broken line and the fish took off with the terminal tackle and jigs.[mad] Would have liked to have seen this fish. Mark called and was holding up a large smallie as well. The largest out of the group. We caught a few dinkster perch, but the action was fast for the smallies. The wind was blowing when we arrived and by 10 am it was dead calm and the bite died off. Kinda wierd that the fish were biting like gangbusters while the wind was blowing. We caught a few more then called it a day around 12:30. And what a day it was. My son and nephew each caught their first smallmouth bass. Even though the walleye didn't show their little faces today, we still had a great time chasing the bass.
[signature]
Thats awesome. Just how cool was it there early on? How deep were you catching fish. Glad you had a good day.

pa
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Sounds like a worthwhile trip indeed. Glad you guys got into the fish but sorry you lost your biggun. That's what keeps you coming back for more...and haunts your dreams for the rest of your life. You will always wonder...[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]We might still get over on Thursday. Weather and TubeBabe's schedule will make the decision for us.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Where did you launch?[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Thats way cool. Good job!
thanx for sharing.

Peter
[signature]
Air temp was probably in the 50's. We got there just after 6 am. Water temps were 68. We caught fish at 15-25 feet. We did mark a few fish deeper but nothing really bitin out there in the 40 foot range. All bass were hanging around rock piles and other structure.
[signature]
We launched at Indian Bay campground next to the old us 40.
[signature]