Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wendlandt Designs Cabelas-exclusive Falcon Fishing Rods
SIDNEY, Nebraska - Cabela's Pro Staff member and three-time FLW Angler of the Year Clark Wendlandt has designed a series of technique-specific bass-fishing rods that are made by Falcon Rods and available exclusively from Cabela's.

Wendlandt, a member of the Falcon Rods Pro Staff since 1992, was able to call on more than 20 years of experience as a professional bass angler when he was selecting the components for the rods in this series, which offer technique-specific actions for a variety of lures and fishing situations.

"I've been with Falcon a long time and I knew what actions would fit best in this series of rods," Wendlandt said. "We started with the same quality graphite blanks that are used in Falcon's popular Cara series of rods and then made some subtle changes that are designed to decrease weight and increase performance. The idea is to reduce wear and tear on your arm, so you can make lots of casts and fish more effectively all day long.

"I think this is going to be an awesome series."

Included in the Falcon Clark Wendlandt series are the following rod models: All Purpose, Weightless Worm, Finesse Jig, Pitching, Medium Cranks, Deep Cranks, Carolina Rigging, Heavy Cover, Shaky Head and Grubs/Worms.

The foundation for these rods are American-made, high-modulus F120X graphite blanks that deliver an amazing blend of lightweight strength and sensitivity. They sport EVA foam handles that are constructed of high-grade foam that is lighter and more consistent that cork.

The casting rods feature Fuji ECSM exposed blank reel seats for detecting light bites, while the spinning rods have the proven Fuji IPS reel seats. Both are easy on the hands.

Lightweight and durable Fuji Alconite guides are mounted in a performance-maximizing low-rider configuration. These guides handle the stress of fishing braided line, which can wear grooves in lesser-quality guides.

All the rods in this series are made in the United States and include a limited lifetime warranty.