Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
$$$ for fishing license
[unsure]Hey fisherman,

Our dear Gov. Gray Davis here in CA just signed a bill which raises the yearly cost on a salt water license from $17+ to $31.25. Like cigarettes they will probably tax you on every fish you caught or got away! Fresh water licenses are also $31.25.
[signature]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=372;]he he he , i hope i don't run into this guy on my bear hunt !
[signature]

Hey there Dryrod,

I'm not in love with Davis either and hope that The Terminator treats us anglers better. He's been said to be pro gun-control so I have my reservations. Back to subject! The 2003 Resident sport fishing license, which includes general fresh and saltwater fishing, is $30.70 I believe. What I was suprised to see was what I was paying for the $2.65 Ocean Inhancement stamp. To fish South of Point Arguello ? what a rip!! I fish both fresh and saltwater so those fees are what I pay. I read a news release from ESPN but I think things got Confused. I believe the increase for 2004 will be about 2 bucks but..... I'm not sure till I actually find the facts. Ever try to find something specific about the California Budget!? I didn't find anything on the DFG site about the increased fees. Good Grief.

So much per fish!! don't give 'em any ideas!!

JapanRon
[signature]
[cool][font "Arial Narrow"][size 4]Hi JapanRod,[/size][/font]

[font "Arial Narrow"][size 4]The info that I had passed along was stated in the OC Register's sport page. Was just on-line looking up changes made in the state's budget re permit fees and download that section. see attached. You will need Adobe's Acrobat Reader to open the file. Anyhow I know it is going to cost me a few bucks more next year to fish. Unless I stock my pool which is surrounded by my property in which case I don't need a permit to fish. What thrives in chlorinated water besides algae.[/size][/font]
[signature]
Hello Guys,[size 1]

If its any conciliation I signed the petition for recall![/size]
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
I'M NOT SURE OF THE POLITICAL ISSUES YOU GUY'S ARE GOING THRU . BUT MY THOUGHTS ARE , SALTWATER LICENSES ARE NOT JUST .

WE CAN CONTROLL OUR FRESHWATER FISH POPULATIONS AND THEY ARE WITHIN EACH STATES BOARDERS .

TRUE WE HAVE A COSTAL BOUNDRY , WITHIN EACH BOUNDRY THE RULES SHOULD BE FOLLOWED , LIMITS AND SUCH , BUT A FEE ? NOPE , WE DON'T CONTROLL OR OWN EVERYTHING THAT IS IN THE OCEAN . FISH DO NOT RECOGNISE OUR BOARDERS AS AMERICAN , CANADIAN , OR MEXICAN , OR EVEN CUBAN .

THE OCEANS BELONG TO THE WORLD , PUT THERE FOR ALL . REGULATE THE COMERCIAL FISHING ON AN INTERNATIONAL LEVEL , BUT FOR THE BEACH ANGLER ( YES YOU BOATERS AND TUBERS WITHIN THE BOARDERS ) HOW CAN YOU BE CHARGED A FEE FOR SOMETHING THAT MIGHT HAVE BEEN RAISED OR PLANTED A HALF WORLD AWAY ? I SAY YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO FISH THE OCEANS COAST WITHIN THE LIMITS SET BY THE STATE , BUT A FEE ? LET THE STATE PROVE THEY PLANTED ALL THOES FISH THRU TAGGING , THEN WE'LL TALK ABOUT A FEE .

MY OPINION , THAT'S ALL .
[signature]
well I was going to come down there to run for the office untill I found out that the gall with them double "D"s was running for the position. I figured I haden't a chance with her promicing them dances were going to tax deductable.[sly]

I due have to wonder some times if them polititions think the whole year is christmas with all them fruit cakes holding office [angelic]
[signature]
Basically Davis is doing everything he can think of to get us out of the state crunch we are in. Problem is he caused it! So how can the person fix the problem they created?

Chinese say," Every problem contains it's on solution" in this case Davis should resign. Save some face, if he is recalled his politcal career is over!

Plus I heard him more than doubling the registration on cars, boats,etc is illegal. There is some law that says the state cannot raise it more than a certain percentage in a year.

I say we all March on Sacramento and throw fish at him! Then hit some of those lakes and streams there!![Wink]
[signature]

Hi there lonehunter,

It's perfectly logical to me to have to pay for fishing in the ocean. If we don't pay, who's gonna pay for all the guys hired to be law and rule writers, enforcers, patrol vehicles, and boats being aquired to restrict our access to fishing and control when, how, where, what we get to fish for? How silly not to realize that and how great and what an honor it is to be protected! The more we pay the more we'll be restricted. It just gets better and better.

The money generated from taxes on marine products and services is supposed to be for marine related projects, mandated by law, but that is being diverted to 'security needs' measures. The true paradox is that 9/11 will be noted in history as the day that Americans began to hand over freedoms and rights wholesale to be politically correct. Bin Ladin and his cohorts weren't that stupid after all. ha ha

Enough political stuff from me. Sorry guys.

JapanRon
[signature]
[font "Arial Narrow"][#ff0000][size 4][Sad]Hey Guys,[/size][/#ff0000][/font]

[font "Arial Narrow"][#ff0000][size 4]If we have to pay to fish in the ocean, why not charge people to swim in the ocean. That would help to pay for life guards, daily beach raking and clean up,etc.[Tongue][/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]

Hi Dryrod,

That's what the Long Beach, Huntington Beach city fathers thought when they put in the 25 cents for 15 minute parking meters that have many, many beach areas totally enveloped. Free parking, walk a coupla miles..... good excercise.

Yes, people do pay to swim on the beach. Of course, they must leave the beach before 10pm or face fines and their cars being towed away.

When someone has you convinced that a right (in a traditional context or not) is actually a privlidge, you're half-way on the road to having the activity banned and criminalized all-together. Did I say that?!

JapanRon
[signature]
That is why I like JR. He can see the forest through the tree's[Wink] We pay to use almost everything these days in one form or another. Friggin LB has parking meters everywhere and it will get worse.

I remember when you didn't have to have a fishing license for El Dorado Park in LB! Any old folks back me up [Tongue]

Oh well, life goes on right. I can't wait until they require non-powered vessels like float tubes or kayaks to be registered. One more way to sqeeze more money out of Californians.

They even require people fishing off the shore,rocks,etc to have a sportsfishing license. But not the piers? Why you ask? Taxes. You are already paying to use that pier, plus they get you on parking too. [mad]
[signature]
no aple loggies nassary here. you are absolutly correct. binladdin sure did put the crappers on american freedom with all this terrist salomie.

but to tell the trouth the government is doning nothing new. they have been invading the privet lives of american citizens for more than 50 years. since the the time of Hover. (not the president) the only differance is now they can do it openly with out fear of reprisal because if any one says any thing they may fase charges or accuasations of being a terrist themselves.

being able to speak freely has actualy been a short lived freedom that started after veit nam. in the 60's musisians were thrown in jail for preforming sonnets ther were politicly incorect. (one sited political veiws.)

yep american freedoms surly took a black eye on that day [pirate] adding insult to injury.
[signature]
I agree. As long as you follow the rules set forth by Federal Law with is nationwide then why a license?

A single individual, on a fishing boat using a pole should never have to pay to use a license.

What makes that laughable is did anyone take a test for that license?? Nope. So by having this license which no one had to study or learn the local fishing laws somehow this will help fish? Sorry all it does is help the state.

Are taxes already go to Fish and Game and US Coast Guard without these licenses. Pretty soon you will have to have a license to walk your dog!

Dogs already have to be licensed. Does that mean they can drive now??[crazy]

Ok I am rambling...I am leaving [crazy]
[signature]
wow , iook at all the stuff this has lead too dogs ,swimming , driving , even tubing , and guess what ron , we have a craft licence here in michigan on some designated streams now , even for tubes ! not for the regular guy thou , for places that rent them out . the tubes aren't the fishing tubes you guys use , were talking regular old fashoned car tire tubes !

hmmmm , do you think they will install floatometers so that thay can tax each one by it's milage ? sounds silly , but eventually someone's gonna come up with a tax on anything that sparks the publics intrest ,

i guess we should start taxing the government for stupidity , that would show them , make us a few gazillion dollers in the mean time too !!!!!! lol !
[signature]
when i got outta high school and started working a regular job , you had to work untill april to at least cover your yearley taxes , now it's work untill july ! ( i started working rather early in life delivering newspapers for 1c a paper , and stock boy at three party stores after school )

half a years work to pay taxes ? something is wrong there , isn't that why we broke it off with england , too many taxes without representation ? now we have the representation and even more taxes !

if the guy that invented taxes was around today , well i'de take him to a back alley somewhere and have a one sided discussion with him on his idea [Wink] .
[signature]
taxes is in it self not a bad thing. I pitch my tent on the protest line as much as any one else.

the problem of taxes is that they become a perminate tax. meaning when the state needs something they find a way to tax something else to get the funds. when they have what they need they keep the tax right on going and pop it in to the slush fund (general fund). it should be that they get the money to do what the money is intended to do and then repeal the tax.

today the average low income family pays close to 58% taxes. it dosnt sound like it is true, but it is. the fact of the mater is, poor folk pay more in taxes than rich folk in percentage.

as mentioned above our hunting and fishing license are actualy a tax. I agree, there has been no testing by individuals who get these socaled license. Look at all the cows moose elk and even recently condors being shot because the hunter said he mistook it for something else.

personaly I think if they are going to have a license there should be a test. I beleive that a fisherman should be able to identify a blue gill from a duck, there should be no reason for shooting a cow when you are out squril hunting. I fully beleive a sportsman should be able to distinguish any species that has a season before they are allowed on the water or in the woods.

when I had taken my hunters saftey cource (volunterily - not manditory because of my age) there was not species identification section portion on the test.

personaly I think it is apauling that a man can go out shark fishing and cant tell the difference between a mako and a great white.

I truly beleive they should throw the book at these people who cant tell the difference between a moose and a deer, let alown a cow with the words cow plainly printed on the side of the dolgone thing.

how about them law changes in the yarly pamplets. how many hours of my life have I spent reading them now novels of a publication. think how much mony is spent on them things. the cost per copy of just one of the 5 publications here in michigan the fishing guide cost .10 cents per copy. in 2004 because of a buget crunch our guides will be black and white insted of color. I know for a fact that the sale of fishing license did not go down in 2002, they went up. I am sure my $14 per year tax what I pay for a reegular ol fishing license will pay for a little color in my book. they have to take the money that I pay the state to allow me to fish to go to something else.

if I have said it once I have said it more times than I care to, and that is our problems with taxes will only grow untill we get rid of the general fund.

here is one for ya, if ya dont beleive that poor folk dont pay more in percentage than the rich folk. just look at this.

a poor man makes 10,000 per year

a middle class family makes up to 100.000 per year

a upper class family makes over 150.000 per year

we wont even talk about the rich.....

when we go to the gass station we all pay the same road and sales taxes on our petro.

when we go to the store we all pay the same tax on our products we perchase.

when we pay our property tax we all pay the same percentage on what the property is valued at.

when we go buy our cigaretts we pay the same taxes on that as well.

the poor man has to spend a thousand dollars in gas and oil to drive back and forth to work per year, so dose the middle and upper class families.

the poor man is now down to 9000 of his yearly income the middle and upper class families are not impacted in perportion as the poor man.

it cost a poor man 250 dollars per month to buy food products for his family per year, and it does for the middle class and the upper class as well. the poor man is now down to 6000 dollars of his yearly income. the revinue of the products sold to the folks include a profit margin wich also includes a tax margin that is paid to the state and federal government.

a poor man lives in a 40 - 60 thousand dollar home, (provided he is not renting/cant afford to rent and his house is paid off) who pays his 2-3 thousand per year in property taxes if renting he pays a minimum of 6000 per year. in which case he is now bankrupt. and his little girl is going to school naked. on the best side saying he only paid the 2000 he now has 4000 left. well the middle and uper class families havent broken their first 10 thou yet.

now here is where the big tax differance comes the poor man has to pay 25% income tax on the 10,000 of his yearly income. where the middle and upper classes have to pay any where from 27% up to about 38% sounds like a lot. and yes you are ablolutly correct. it is a lot. but when the poor man pays his meesliy 2500 in income taxes he is now down to 1500 left for the year to pay for transportation put cloths on his little girl make sure she has the nessasary shots and imunazations, make sure she has a bed to sleep in, make sure she has the required shcool materials that the schools no longer provides.

this sounds like an exaguration, my frend you can bet your new mercedies that it anint. cause just two days ago a family of five was found out side of a resturaunt living in a dumpster. right here in berimingham michigan. one of the richest towns in the nation, one of the richest counties in the contry.

and this is where I go political I have a hard time understanding where a poor man is taxed to go fishing to put food on the table the same tax a rich man pays to go out and play.

this country gives out billians of dollars per year all over the globe for starving families war materials to free welthy nations from their own lack of initiative to govern themselves and rid themselves of their own terinny and yet our government hasnt taken care of its own.

so the next time you here a politition say he is going to give you a tax break, send him a picture of a boot in the pants cause he is only scamming a way to tax ya even more than you are paying now. that aint no lie. gassoline tax here in the state of michigan has gone up 50 cents per gallon.

by the way, I personaly want to thank president bush for the tax gift he sent me this year. I got $0.00 in my check. I went right out and spent it on a new car to help keep our acconimy going.[unsure]
[signature]
Hi here Dryrod,
I think its time the govenor resigned and saved a little face if still possible. I'm going to buy my first car soon and am not looking forward to the tripled car registration taxes. And going as far as raising the fishing license price which I thought was already high is just crossing the line. I'm hoping Arnold gets in.
[signature]
[size 2]Update:[/size]

[size 2]Court is allowing Recall Election to go forward. Only court that can stop it now is Supreme. More than likely they will not get involved.[Wink][/size]

[size 2] I believe it's scheduled for Oct 8th. RECALL RECALL RECALL DAVIS.[mad][/size]

[size 2] As much as I like Arnold I do not think he would make a good govenor[unsure][/size]
[signature]
I agree. How do you go from no political experience to being govenor.[crazy]
[signature]