Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Small bass tourney at Glendale next weekend.
Well we finaly got this set up with all the guy from work. We are heading out next sunday to have a bass tourney at Glendale. I haven't been up there for about a week or so but from what I've seen the fall biting has already start which would be nice. We're goin out a 6 am to 12. Going for the biggest bass caught $25 a person so far we have 10 of us on 4 teams, 2 teams of 2, 2 team of 3. Person with biggest bass wins everyone is using bass boats except my partner and me using our kayaks. Hopefully weather co-operates and so do the fish. Most of the guys are fishing from the damn to end of slate lick. We're hitting killbuck early and then maybe heading Mckee run to deeper water later in the morning. Will post the results after. Hopefully will get to go scouting out later this week.
[signature]
I would make sure you dont need a permit to have it . I think if you have more than 10 boats you mite need one . I just dont want to see anyone get in fined. [fishin]
[signature]
Well we had 5 boats 3 bass boats and two kayaks. We talked to a park ranger before we went out to was all ok. Boat 1 didn't catch anything at all using 3 tackel boxes full of lures but they didn't know the lake at all. Boat caught nothing but bluegill and perch using night crawlers, shiners and about 3 crankbaits. Boat 3 caught almost nothing few sunfish and one bass that was the winner at 15 inches on a shiner. They all stayed from Wyerough up to Spillway. My partner and I on the Kayaks started in Killbuck in the morning. We lost by 1 inch but we were tearing the fish up on Perch Rapala's, black buzzbaits, and Black spinners. We caught 12 bass ranging from 8" to 14", 8 Northern Pike ranging from 12" to 30", two sunfish and a perch. Almost all were caught in Killbuck but the 30" pike and 3 bass were up by Mckee's run. We all had a great time weather wasn't the greatest but fish were biting very well in certain areas. Next one is going to be at Curwensville Lake next month. Have a few pictures I can upload a little later.
[signature]