Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sat 14th 33 hole rocky point night report
Sat 14th 33 hole rocky point night report

Fished from 5-11pm followed the nice lil trail and fished of a point 2 poles slip rig with anchovies. Tons of tugs but wasn't hooked up until 930. Caught two decent 13 inch cats and one 8inch smolt. Really let them run with it and then fought them back to shore had a blast with the 2 bigger ones on the 4lb they were doin everything to shake the hook. Only had some size 2 offset worm hooks should of bought some circle hooks probaly would of landed more. Lots of other bankies around and few boats in and out of the area overall had a good time but let me the tell ya before the sun went down it was burnin almost hellish the bugs wernt too bad at night thanks for lookin.

~4poundonly
[signature]
nice work, we usually do well at 33 hole on cats my son got a decent striper on one of our trips. we usually use shrimp they seem to love it. i need to get out to the lake again soon. thanx for the report[fishin]
[signature]
[quote syncityangler]nice work, we usually do well at 33 hole on cats my son got a decent striper on one of our trips. we usually use shrimp they seem to love it. i need to get out to the lake again soon. thanx for the report[fishin][/quote]

Yeah 33 hole is a decent area for cats n stripers but beware some spots have a really rough bottom constantly get caught or broke off. But most areas are really nice and clear for fishing the bottom.

I like rocky point lot seems to be the most productive. I have caught stripers before same area while fishing chovies on the bottom they do occasinally slide through but not 2 constantly my last 3 trips didnt hook up any[:/]

Ill have to give shrimp a try wonder how it would do compared to chovies? have you ever done a side by side test to see what they were hittin on more? just curious[Wink]

~4poundonly
[signature]
Thanks for the report and the pics.
[signature]
Circle hooks for the win!
[signature]
Thanks for lookin[Wink] wont be out there this weekend but the following is for sure[cool] gonna get all my gear in order.

~4poundonly
[signature]
[quote 4poundonly]

Ill have to give shrimp a try wonder how it would do compared to chovies? have you ever done a side by side test to see what they were hittin on more? just curious[Wink]

~4poundonly[/quote]

i have actually.. and for cats shrimp was the winner about 3 to1 that striper my son caught was a fluke i think, i was expecting to see a cat, and was totally suprised to see a striper on the end. lol
[signature]
stripers seem to eat anything. i caught one on chicken liver before while fishing for cats... it was a fairly decent one , and not a dink
[signature]
Thanks syncity will def pick up a bag for next time[cool]

And lvrider when those suckas are hungry there all business. I was reelin in once and saw a sm one chasing my empty bait hook back to shore was just hopin he would strike but no just wanted to tease me.
[signature]