Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new lessons
seems like every time a take a tube trip i learn something new today last night i leaned 3 1: the skeeters at willard bay are DEVIL SPAWN INCARNATE 2: in a tube you can not keep your arms dry there for the bug spray gets washed off and you get chomped 3: next time wear a t-shirt with long sleeves to at least protect your arms at least i got 2 wipers my first this year oh forgot to mention also got my biggest smallmouth bass to date a beautiful 19 1/2" on a custom painted black and glow belly MOOSE SHAD by nomoose drop him a pm he'll paint what ever color you request

chris
[signature]
I have a shirt made by Columbia that I wear almost every fishing trip (it gets washed inbetween trips). There are a couple of different models that you can pick up. I think I have the "bonehead" model. It's designed for the guys that go down and fish for bonefish in the tropics.

[Image: FM7015_l.jpg]

These shirts are incredibly light weight (bonehead model at least), dry fast, and are "vented in the back. I've been out in some major heat, which is all we've gotten lately here in Utah, and have stayed comfortable even with the long sleeves. You can roll up the sleeves and button them in place if you want.

Good fishing to you and congrats on the wipers. I'm jealous.

ES
[signature]
[cool]Now you're breakin' the code. Wipers are fun however you catch them, but double from a tube. My opinion. That sounds like a hefty smallie too. I'll bet he stretched your string and bent your stick good.

Can't help you on the bugs. EmuScud's advice was good. Wear a shirt made of material they can't bite through and then spray it down with a good repellent. If they get so bad they are getting in your eyes and ears, get one of those head nets. That's about the only way you can survive without going whacko when they really get bad.

It won't be too long until the mosquitoes thin out and the fall fling gets into high gear for the wipers. I'd like to be there for that.
[signature]