Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oneida is draining
[mad] My Dad read in the paper that they are draining Oneida res down to paint the head gates. Suppose to go down to 15 feet until the end of September. Anyone know anymore about this?

The paper says today that they are only lowering it 15 feet, not down to 15 feet. Sorry for the misinformation.
[signature]
let me make a quick phone call to my one and only contact up there and ask!
[signature]
confirmed. he dident have dates because he said he simply does not know when.
[signature]
Be interesting to see where all the fish go? Up or down the river? Wonder how bad it will affect the fishing there in the future?
[signature]
would be a good time to clean up all the crap thats in there once its drained
[signature]
That is a shame but I "guess" it has to be done??? Yeah, will they return some of my lost Rapala's and Stump-Jumpers around the rocks on the dam??? I noticed Sunday that there was quite a bit of water coming out (over the bridge on the way to Condie), so maybe they have started their "decent"??? Would be nice to see where all those fish go. What they really need to do when the water is low is try and eliminate as many of them stupid carp out of there before refilling!!! Wonder why they wait until the end of the year to do this??? Because the run-off is complete? Just sucks that there will be less water for the fish to survive in and a bunch of winter kill as well. I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens.
TS
[signature]
Bummer just when I read the eyes are bigger then I been getting! I was told tho it was just a matter of time! They just done this to Alexander Res.
[signature]
i imagine this will hurt the eyes for a few years. it seems to me that when they did this to cutler down streem most of the large eyes disapeared. I would love to see them go in and kill the carp out of there during this..
[signature]
[quote jigs] I would love to see them go in and kill the carp out of there during this..[/quote]

mny fly rod and i will help with that!
[signature]
Your absolutely right about Cutler! There were dead fish everywhere and piles of carp!! I have not caught a decent Eye in that area since they drained it. However the LMB SMB Crappy and Kitties are still there. I agree that it will help reduce the carp but only for a minute!
Smiles Always!
MA
[signature]
The paper says today that they are only lowering it down 15 feet. Not down to 15 feet. That makes me more happy. You still won't be able to launch big boats for awhile.

Sorry about the mix up.
[signature]
ya from what i have heard today it sounds like they are just lowering it enough to paint the flood gates...
[signature]
It is down 6 to 8 feet last night. Looks weird as you never see Oneida that low. The upper launch is not usable. I could have launched on the lower one last night. Can't tell how long it will be like that though. Caught a few nice small mouth from the bank.
[signature]
Can't see this hurting anything - it's more just an inconvience than anything.
[signature]