Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can anyone post a picture of a baby pike?
Well, I live on private lake, and it has many types of fish and is fed from a delta. We have bass, striper, catfish, blue gill shad, crappie, and we think PIKE! We called the rec 800 and they didint really seem to care, but we caught with a throw new a, what we think is a baby pike. If anyone would be kinda enough to post a picture of a baby pike, as google image search failed, it would be apreciated, or I can possibly post a picture of the one we caught. If this is a pike, it means bad news, as they are devastating to the fishing population. Thanks!
[signature]
I would not say its bad news. Not at all. I think having some pike in your pond would be a good thing. Reason being is that they would weed out all the scrapy weak fish and intern your health fish will grow larger since they will not need to compete with the smaller scrappy fish for food. In turn you will have a very health population of fish in your pond. I dont know why everyone gives pike such a bad rep. If you do some research on the pike you will find that it backs what i say.
[signature]
Hello,

Not sure how big you are talking about, but if you type northern pike fingerling into google images it pulls up some pics. I don't know where your location is, but you may also want to look into it being gar. [Wink]
[signature]
Check to see if it's not just a pickerel. They're esox, just like pike and Muskie, but they're much smaller.
[signature]
post a pic of the fish you caught please. Then we can help make a decision.
[signature]
[quote albinotrout]post a pic of the fish you caught please. Then we can help make a decision.[/quote]

x2. i wanna see a pic.
[signature]
[Image: Photo0087.jpg]
something like this one?
[signature]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=70391]
[signature]
[quote bigpikeguy]I would not say its bad news. Not at all. [/quote]

You may be right in your neck of the woods, but it seems he is from Northern Cal and the lake he is referring to is fed by the Delta (that is why he refers to stripers and sturgeon in the there). This would be an invasive species anywhere in California and a huge deal if they were in the Delta. A lake in Cali was rotenoned I think three times because they found pike in them and there was concern they might get into the delta. The pike kept coming back and they kept trying to treat the lake even though it was a trophy trout fishery.
[signature]
Ahh good ole Lake Davis it twas and what a total waste of money !!! The pike were in there for so many yrs and they were coexistin just fine but the rainbows were the focal point !!![shocked][shocked][shocked][shocked][shocked] Pike co exist with multiple freshwater species and have for many moon!!! Once they are there they will remain until it reaches some fisheries biologist agenda to drop some poison down....
[signature]