Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2000 Mercury 75hp 4 stroke HELP!!!
[quote Mr._Rogers] last time I was out, it started perfect Idled good. However, when I gave it gas past 1/4 throttle it would choke out and die? the boat will not get up on plane? [/quote]
I'm having the same problem with my boat. I called a local boat repair shop and was told it was likely a carb issue and I was looking at 300 to $400 or more in repairs. I really don't want to invest that much right now so here is what I plan on doing.
1. I'm going to get fresh fuel, 2 or 3 gallons at the most and mix a whole can(16 oz) of Sea Foam in with it. I'm going to take it out this weekend and run it for an hour or so and see if that will help. The repair shop said the carbs were likely gummed up.
2. If my 1st idea doesn't work, I plan on changing spark plugs and disconnecting my fuel line where it connects to the fuel pump and check and see if that line is clogged or there is gunk in the diapham at the pump.
3. If none of these ideas work I might brake down and take it to the shop but I'll check for some other ideas first just to make sure there isn't another answer to this problem[Wink].

One question about your problem , how long had the motor set since the last time you used it?
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [Mr._Rogers] 2000 Mercury 75hp 4 stroke HELP!!! - by wiperhunter2 - 08-27-2010, 10:40 PM