Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weiss Lake Fishing Report
DATE: 11-9-01<br>LAKE LEVEL: 559.1<br>NORMAL FULL POOL: 564.0<br>SURFACE TEMP: 60.2 in am - 64 in pm<br>WATER CLARITY: GREAT<br> <br>CRAPPIE: Fished Sunday with Steve & Beth out of Rising Fawn, Ga and did pretty good.Shocked me out of my tennis shoes.The lake is being pulled down so rapidly now that the fish are pulling back from the creeks and coves and going back to deep water on the old river channel edges.This type of fishing is slow, using minnows on dead poles and bottom bumpers and I really do not care for it so I expect that my crappie fishing is done until February. I will still be posting a fishing report of what is going on.If you need to know how to do this type of fishing just email me and I will try to get you pointed in the right direction.<br> <br>BASS: Bass fishing continues to be slow and this surprises me. They ought to be chasing shad all over the place but they are not.I talk to a lot of bass fishermen and nobody can come up with a pattern that works consistently.<br> <br>STRIPE: Still haven't seen any birds but I had a man email me a few days ago and they had been stripe fishing a time or two with no success. I recommended fishing channel markers 49-65. He was nice enough to email me back that they had caught and kept 13 pretty good fish.He said they didn't see any in the jumps but they saw several boil up on shad.They fished with live shad for about 1/2 their catch and they threw rat'l traps on the boils for the rest. For you stripe fishermen that is the best I can do for now.<br> <br>CATFISH: Come and get em!<br> <br>Went on a bream fishing trip to Lake Guntersville with my child bride (who hasn't been able to fish with me in over two years) on Wednesday. We stopped at the Cricket Hall in Albertville and bought 250 crickets (I would rather use wax worms but who can find them?). We sat down on an old road bed in about 25 feet of water and commenced to catching bream.We kept our legal limit of 100.And probably could have kept another 300 if we wanted to. I cleaned fish until 9pm that night.We started in fishing about 11am and quit at 2:15. My wife is not an early riser!!! (Her fishing usually starts around tenish!) We caught our average fish which was as big as your hand and some a whole lot bigger.My wife got tired of catching fish and decided to take a nap on that warm,sunny, beautiful fall afternoon that we all live for!If you plan on trying bream on Guntersville, they seem to be plentiful.But, buying crickets is a big time problem.I couldn't find anybody that had them other than the Cricket Hall and they are located on 431 about 2 miles North of where 75 comes into 431 on your left.There is a nice launch ramp there at the park.<br> <br>Each week I put on my fishing report that if you are in the area and need help I will be glad to help you.Bob Spalding out of Kentucky did just that today with axle grease problems.I managed to get him in and get him fixed and out again in under an hour.John from Indiana called me and needed a couple rental boats and couldn't find them. I found them for him in less than five minutes.Everybody that calls me, the first thing they say is "I hate to bother you" You are no bother!! The only thing we have to sell is our service and our reputation.<br>The lake is even lower than it was last week.Be VERY CAREFUL!!!! If you call one of these marina's and they tell you "fishing is great, come on" , they are blowing smoke up your shirttail. Good fishing and call me if I can help. Thanks Steve 256-927-6617 www.weisslakeguideservice.com <br>PS: I STILL would NOT BUY A COMPAQ!!!!<br><br>