Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
9 Sturgeon in 24 hours (with pics)
We landed 9 sturgeon this weekend and thought I would share some pictures. This is by far the best sturgeon trip I've ever been on:

[inline 2010-08-28_00-40-47_515.jpg]
[inline 2010-08-28_01-10-16_431.jpg]
[inline 2010-08-28_04-01-24_508.jpg]
[inline 2010-08-28_11-10-58_827.jpg]
[inline 2010-08-28_14-40-00_407.jpg]
[inline 2010-08-28_14-41-45_446.jpg]

Video Here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e431H-x-ANk&hd=1
[signature]
Great pics man and the video turned out awesome too. What an awesome weekend
[signature]
Nice pics.

Does daytime or nighttime matter with them?
[signature]
hard to say whether day or night is better. I've caught 9 at night and 6 durring daylight this summer. Seems like just before and after dark are usually better though. But who knows sometimes you can't catch one no matter what you do and sometimes you can't keep them off the hook.[Smile]
[signature]
Great photos. It sounds like one of those great fishing days we get once in awhile. Those look like they might have tired your arms out a little?
[signature]
Nice guys nice. I am just going to have to go soon.
[signature]
Welcome to BFT. Looks like a great trip.

Windriver
[signature]
From the looks of your pics you were below strike how was the moss? a month or so ago it was hard to fish it was so bad
[signature]
we fished several spots between Grandview and the dam. The moss is worse the further you get from the dam. Friday night wasn't bad closer to Grandview (that's where we caught most of the fish) but Saturday we had to move closer to the dam to get out of it a little. You can still see some pretty big balls of moss on the lines in the video but it was at least fishable.
[signature]
Do you know how the moss has been on the reservoir? We are planning to go next week and fish CJ.
[signature]
not sure how it is now. I was there a couple weeks ago and don't remember it bothering me but I haven't been there since.
[signature]
Nice work dude. I'm still a little bummed I didn't get to go with you guys, but at least Jordan got to go. The only part that sucks is that we'll have to listen to Jordan talk about it for the next year haha!!
[signature]
[quote SteelFisher]Do you know how the moss has been on the reservoir? We are planning to go next week and fish CJ.[/quote]

Day to day it has been either not too bad to really bad. If the wind has been howling, the next day it isn't bad. If it has been calm for a few days, it'll be really weedy.
[signature]
Thanks for the update. I'm hoping we don't have a lot of wind but that may mean we will have more weeds.
[signature]