Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slow day at the Nell
We got to the Nell at 6:30 and the air temps was 37 but the water was up to 64...

We headed for a spot where I had found them last week or the last time I was on Jordanelle that is, but the water had dropped about 10' or more and no fish was to be found...

We worked a few other spots and got one here and there but nothing bigger then 12 1/2", we got to a place that didn't look to good but we got the two biggest bass from there..

The first was 18 1/2" the next cast was a 19" on back to back casts... We left the water about 1:00 with 25 bass and one perch for the day....

.[inline P02101950.jpg]
The only camera I had was my cell phone so not the best of pictures...
[signature]
Didn't get any 18-19s, but wouldn't call it slow. Best bag of 13-15s in a loooooong time. Fished way up north, out from last few west side pts. Non-stop action from 10-noon, then sort of shut down. Gorgeous day up there....little wind, not too cool, not too hot, Ute win night before. Very few pleasure boaters, particularly for Friday of Labor Day wkend. Anxious to see how fish react to next week's forecast of 60s up there.
[signature]
Spent the day with the "P"man and like he said a great day. Not too many pleasure boaters and a good deal of fish. Bassrods... Don't know what you are used to but if you catch 25 fish and a couple over 17" I would call that a great day. Some call me easy but today fishing was better than the axe I will be grinding tomorrow. The only thing that will top this weekend will be a BYU loss!!!
[signature]
Jordanelle in the past has put out 50 to 60 fish days with one or two over 20" , but the last two years the spawn has been bad and the way they lower the water so much even in the winter and then raze it so fast in the spring is killing the spawn and putting the hurts on all the other fish..
[signature]