Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weston Question?
Does anyone know why floatubes are allowed at Weston but not pontoons? I understand no motors. I just don't understand why I can't take my pontoon and just kick around with fins. The float tube defenitions says the seat has to be in the water. What difference does 6 inches make?

Windriver
[signature]
Good question , can't use a pontoon at Weston , but no restrictions at McTucker Ponds . You can put a 200 HP. Bass boat on there if you want . Curt G.
[signature]
I asked the Fish and Game guy this question a year or two ago. He said nope it had to be a "float tube". Not a pontoon or raft of any size, even if you just use fins. I think I remember that he said something about it being a stipulation from the land/reservoir owners. It would be a bit of a pain to tote a pontoon in there anyway. Well, for me it would be.

I just went by there today. The water is quite low.
[signature]
It's way low. I went there the other day and the area I fished last fall is down from 13 ft last year to 5 ft this year. Kind of crazy. As for the tube vs pontoon, it must be a liability issue from the landowner. It really doesn't make much sense.
[signature]