Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time to build your shanty
[Smile] Its that time of the year to build your ice shacks ! Do it when its nice out , so you don't have to suffer in the cold !!! Anyone builing one this year ?

Flagmanonice .......
[signature]
got me a new use set of 6 foot skiis.

going to build me a new lean up fishing shelter. eather that or buy me a new thermal sno suit. my 5 gallon bucket still fits my other 5 gallon bucket [blush]

I am expeciting a colder winter this year, If I can find the material I may be able to make pop up tent out of them.

you are absolutly correct it is time to get these going, in just a couple weeks deer season will be in and aint no one going to have time to mess around with their handy crafts, then if they dont get going they wont have any thing to show off this winter. [angelic]
[signature]
ALREADY STARTED A COUPLE WEEKS AGO , TAR PAPER SIDES 2 X 2 FRAMEWORK AND BUCKET SEATS , REAL BUCKETS LOL !
[signature]
I built a nice fold up one this past winter. Your right! to cold to do it in the winter. The one I built is 38 inches wide and extendes out to 6.5 ft long with it 5.0 foot tall.
What makes it's nice is that it folds down flat to 4 inches.
I just to fine some used skies to put underneath it to stay up on the snow. time to look at the garage sales. Thanks for reminding me.[Wink]
[signature]
i picked up a pair with poles for $5.00 at a yard sale , the boots were next to the skis for $45.00 , the guy musta thought i was off my nut when i didn't want the boots , he kept asking if i wanted them too .

once i told him what they were for he was a little disapointed he didn't think about using them for the same thing . guess he'll be out there shopping now .lol !

forgot to mention , the wife picked up a scanner for the computer , never used , for $15.00 over in the rich neighborhood , an unwanted wedding preasent .
[signature]
if you guys need window material , i can get clear plastic at work , there roll stock up to 26" in width , i think the heaviest gauge is .027 . just let me know how many feet you need and i'll mail it to you .

it's not as heavy as plexiglass and cuts easy with a rasor blade .
[signature]