Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willow Beach Tips
Well im going to head to willow beach this saturday and try for my best Alan Cole impersanation. I have heard that the fattys can get spooked easily by motors. Should I troll with my minkota or just spend the day casting within a few miles of the hatchery? Any tips? Thanks [fishin]
[signature]
You could just ask Alan personally......

[url "http://acplugs.com/forum/index.html"][/url]http://acplugs.com/forum/index.html[/url]
[signature]
cool, thanks for the link. Some good info on that site. Some monster striper pics too.
[signature]
Hey vegaskid Ive been down there I was shorebound fishing the rainbow stockers in winter not to much on the stripers but they are there. I would recommend to start off trolling your reg striper lures then if nothing good start casting to the common spots. I know during the rainbow stocks if you cast one of these babes around or something simliar your bound to hook up one a nice one untill then[fishin]

[url "http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?type=product&cmCat=Related_IPL_125337&id=0037360123975a"]http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?type=product&cmCat=Related_IPL_125337&id=0037360123975a[/url]
[signature]
thanks 4pound, Ive got a few rbt look a likes similiar to that wild eye and some ACs to throw around. Maybe ill snag a toad Smile
[signature]
Just spend the day casting by the hatchary.That's what we did today ( Wednesday) .My buddy hooked up a nice 24lb not very long but what a fatty[inline "Copy of PICT0011.JPG"]
[signature]
nice. thats a fish right there. Thanks[cool]
[signature]
Dam kupchoi thats a fat boy![cool]
[signature]
That is a very nice fish. So it is possible to catch the lunkers from shore huh? I was talking to a fellow at FLSP and he said they catch the trout and use em live for stripers. Anyone else here of such a thing?
[signature]
[quote lvrider]That is a very nice fish. So it is possible to catch the lunkers from shore huh? I was talking to a fellow at FLSP and he said they catch the trout and use em live for stripers. Anyone else here of such a thing?[/quote]

Im sure you could but not sure if its legal [cool] How has the catfishing been at floyd scam park?
[signature]
Only a few Catfish over by the spillway to the white pump house. Lots of Blue Gill/Perch some up to 8" on worms.
Gills were on the bottom while trying for the cats.
[signature]
deffinately not legal but it would be fun. lolol If you caught a record on one though, it would not be fair to the current record holder if you tried to pass it off as a legit catch.
[signature]
I would strongly suggest NOT using trout for bait. You are looking at a minimum $100 fine, + court costs and what-not, and that brings you to $200+.

Make it sporty and toss an AC Plug around.

[font "Arial-BoldMT"]
[left]"Southern Region Bait Regulations
[/font][font "ArialMT"][#231f20][size 2][font "ArialMT"][#231f20][size 2][font "ArialMT"][#231f20][size 2]
[left]In Lake Mead, Lake Mohave and the Colorado River
[left]located in Clark County, only golden shiner, fathead minnow,
[left]mosquitofish, red shiner, threadfin shad, carp and goldfish
[left]may be used as live bait fish. Other forms of aquatic and
[left]animal life, such as the waterdog, grasshopper, earthworm
[left]and crayfish may be used as bait."
[/size][/#231f20][/font][/size][/#231f20][/font][/size][/#231f20][/font]
[signature]
I would not advocate using live trout either. I think it would be nice to work out the arm all day casting and them maybe get another work out reeling one in.
[signature]
Casting with AC plugs is the best way to go as you can see. Casting from shore I see lots of people bringing in monsters so yeah you can catch a big one from shore. As for using live trout don't do crime if you can't pay the fine or is it do the time or both I forget but you guys know what I mean right LOL
[signature]
Anyone been down to willow lately?[cool]
[signature]
Went out sunday at 1am and came in at 9am. We just outfitted my buddy's 14' gregor with lights, radio, fishfinder etc and had to get it out for a test drive.

We stayed close to the marina which I don't think served us well as far as fishing. The only fish I ever got visuals on were grass carp. (those are grass carp and not common carp, right?) We didn't catch anything. We were soaking chovies and dinos and throwing various spro swimbaits and rapala cranks.

We wanted to go upstream to the hatchery but the signs posted said no motors allowed on Sundays or Mondays.

My buddy is stuck on Willow for a big striper catch but I think we'd do better at the Lake. I'm tired of getting skunked over there and I rarely leave the lake without catching at least one. I like everything about the river (water clarity, scenery, etc) better than the lake, except for the fishing, lol.
[signature]
Woops - yeah, guess that's that.

Over yarn in Utah we can't use anything live-minnow period. Have had chance to get a catch get taken by something bigger - n - badder (perch to tiger musky!). But figured I'd best draw the line at pitchen 'em back in for another swim. If a "slow retrieve" of a smaller fish leads to a bigger fish - heck that's just nature doing it thang, no?

We seem to have selection on what fish can/can't be used as cut-bait. Don't know I understand the reasoning behind it all, but I'm sure "the truth is out there".

Did see a number of grasshoppers, and hear tell they're on the swarm this year. Might have to try pitching some of them around. Fall fishing's coming on!
[signature]
Im heading down to willow beach this friday night with a friend, i have never been there. Where's the best spot for some rainbow trout action? I'm also curious if its possible to catch rainbows at night, ive only ever caught them during the day/evening.
[signature]
I was down there the weekend before last and didnt get a thing. I was throwing plugs and swimbaits. Im gonna try again soon. i wouldnt think the trout would stray to far from the marina area. If they do, I imagine they dont last long.
[signature]