Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ANGLER FLEET Update
Hi folks,
With the fluke season closing down for the year (just as it was starting to pick up for us) we are now Porgy fishing during the day trips and still targeting the blues and bass on the Friday and Sat night trips. As of Sept 7 we are now allowed to keep 40 Porgy per person on the party and charter boats.
This summer has been a tough one not getting off the dock on most weekdays for the open boat. I have to assume it was a combination of the excessive heat that we had and the bad economy. The private charters that we did manage to get out, faired well with the bluefish and the porgy and fluke trips.
Blackfish season opens on Oct 1 and if this season is anything like last years then we are in for a treat. Last year the first few weeks of the season were incredible fishing light tackle in shallow water. Private charters are starting to book. If you would like to book a private charter on ANGLER II or ANGLER Xpress give me a call and we'll set you up.
We are trying to put together another blackfish seminar with Capt. Rich at Louie's Restaurant for Thurs. Sept 30. I should know more in a few days and will let you know.
On Sept 3 Both charter boats were entered in the Stamford CT Yacht Clubs second annual bluefish tournament and took first place with the largest and top 3 combined weight categories.
Reminder Monday Sept. 13 7am is sold out to a private charter.
[signature]