Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lakemead camping grouds ?
I plan on camping at lake mead this weekend for the first time.Our plan is to set up at the campground and hike down to do some bank fishing. I was thinking either Echo or Calville. We will be tent camping. My question is are the campgrounds packed this time of year rvs,trailers etc.? And which marina would have the best catfish action for bank fishing? Echo or Calville? I was also thinking of primitive camping outside the campgrounds to be closer to shore. Any suggestions welcome[cool]
[signature]
I would say Callville for a few quality size catfish and Echo Bay for everything in between. Only bad thing about callville is the long hike lol. I camped Echo around this time last year and it wasn't abnormally busy.
[signature]
You can take a nice hike out at Echo, find a beach to camp on, and catch lots of quality fish. Probably better than spending your time fishing with boats all around you (like Callville). You should have a killer trip this time of year.

Lots of good areas around there.

[url "http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=36.310422,-114.401321&spn=0.03313,0.065832&t=h&z=14"]Echo[/url]

I would hike north of the marina to some of those nearby coves.

The Whizzle
[signature]
Thanks guys [cool]
[signature]