Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fishing catalina
I fished catalina on thursday.

lots of good sized calicos over by the italian gardens. and some barries were mixed in there. I got about 7 bass ranging up to 5.39 pounds. I released all of them.

I HOOKED UP ONTO A BREEZING YELLOW!!! it was cool! too bad my line was bad and had a bunch of kinks in it. I thought I'd test my luck anyways. it bit a sardine about 8 inches long. i had 15 pound test on it... it was a good 20 pound fish.

joe
[signature]

Hey DH_tubinjoe,

You're about a lucky and skillful angler! I haven't caught a Sand Bass or Calico Bass that big yet this year. Cmon give the poor fish a chance. I use 12lb if the load is light and then jack it all the way up to 16lb if things start to get hot!

I just may take my 20lb Tuesday or Wednesday. One day or the other it'll be a Catalina trip.

JapanRon
[signature]
Hey Joe,

YOu farmed it??? I just got my Calcutta 100 and I am going to get the new Shimano TORUIM its identical to a Trinidad but a better looking frame and 2 less ball bearings!!

Hahaha,

Aaron Ps. U working on tuesday???
[signature]
I thought it was called the takota... well thats what one of the regulars was telling me.... they are just like the trinidads with a titanium spool, and a silver diecast frame... HALF THE PRICE!!!

my line was bad... have you seen my line on the SL20??? there is about half the spool left, and that line is all stretched out and kinked.... just haven't gotten around to changing it yet. I think I am going to put some 20# izorline premium on it for the albies! fun stuff! haha

no i am working wednedday I think. it will be just me and mac. robert and billy took the day off! those dumb ****s haha...

joe
[signature]
ya i tried to edit the names before your post but it didn't work.. i was clost though... tacoma tekota.... they at least rhyme! haha[cool].. so the tekota is just like the torium but with a level wind????

joe
[signature]