Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Catalina...err...Lake Mead 9/11/2010
Just found this forum so this is my first post [cool]

Yesterday(9/10) morning I drove to the lake, put on plenty of sun screen, opened my trunk and got my gear ready. When it was time to fill my pontoon I realized I had left my pump at home DOH! :mad: So I put everything back in the trunk and drove home.

Today(9/11) I decided to make up for it and get to the lake earlier than usual. Got there around 6:00am and got my gear ready. Didn't forget my pump this time Cool

[Image: 045-1.jpg]

I went for a long paddle trolling a crankbait making stops in between to make a few casts. For a minute I thought I was at the backside of Catalina

[Image: 041-1.jpg]
[Image: 039-1.jpg]

So i get to the spot where I caught a couple stripers the last time and sat on it for a while. Soaked cut chovies and casted crankbaits, spooks, swimbaits... its starting to look like a skunk day Until... out in the distance I see birds...lots of birds! And a few boats fishing around them. Oh $h17! So I paddle as quick as I can(not very fast on the toon I have to admit). By the time I get there it looks like most of the birds have moved on but still a few circling and diving. I look to my left and one of the boaters is on a double hookup. good sign.

[Image: 042-1.jpg]
[Image: 043-1.jpg]

The fish left just as quick as they came. I asked one of the boaters how many he got. He said 7 off that bite. Dammit! I need a trolling motor! I managed 2... stood in the area for a while and eventually moved on. Didn't get any more bites for the rest of the day but overall a great day on the water!

[Image: 036-1.jpg]
[Image: 044-1.jpg]
[Image: 048.jpg]
[signature]
Welcome to the forum Victor!

Thank you for a great report, lookin forward to seeing more.

The Whizzle
[signature]
Nice report n pics Victor[cool] where did you launch from?
[signature]
Thanks for the welcome guys...

Launched from the PWC beach.
[signature]
thanks[cool]
[signature]