Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bait for perch?
What are some good baits and lures for perch? I fish in Washington and don't know what kind of perch it is.
[signature]
Worm under a bobber works well. Small Jigs tipped with worm or perch meat are also great for vertical jigging or Ice fishing,

Good Luck,

Shawn
[signature]
Thank you, but can you explain to me what "under the bobber" means. how far down under the bobber?
[signature]
Perch can be anywhere in the water column, but I find them mostly on the bottom or near the bottom.
[signature]
Sure, As the post above mentions, perch love the bottom and will usually be near it. If in a boat, put a piece of nightcrawler on a jig head....firetiger (red, orange, black) or the like and jig just off of the bottom, hitting the bottom once in a while to stur up stuff and draw them in...just like ice fishing. If fishing from shore, a small bobber set so that it's about 1' off of the bottom should do fine with the rig above. Small jigs also work well and if oyu are getting lots of bites and no hookups, downsize the hook size.

Shawn
[signature]
[font "Verdana"][size 4]For those who like to fish for yellow perch, there are a few tips which may help in yielding the best catch. First and foremost, since yellow perch are most active during the daytime, it is wise for fishermen to fish during daylight hours to increase the odds of catching one. Another tip relates to the bait and lures to use for catching yellow perch. Since yellow perch are caught quite easily due to their fondness for a wide array of items, one can use almost any type of bait or artificial lure to reel in the yellow perch. [/size][/font]
[signature]
My experience with Perch has been in Lake Washington, growing up just south of Seward Park in the 70s. We fished the docks in 6-10feet of water using worms, salmon eggs, and trout marshmellows....caught quite a few small silvers as well off these very same docks.

We didn't use jigs at that time. Just hooks, slip shot weights and bobbers - when a bobber was needed, i.e. dropped hooks with slip shot right off the edge of the dock.

Perch fishing rocks.
[signature]
[:p] hi perch fishing .
what i use is a small rubber jig or a plain hook tipped with a piece of shrimp. it has a good scent and when the bite is on they hit hard
[signature]