Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Carolina Weekly Shallow Saltwater Report
South Carolina Weekly Shallow Saltwater Fishing Report<br>Week of 11-04-01 through 11-10-01<br><br>I only ran two trips this week and they were good ones. Plenty of fish and most of them feeding on the artificials we were using. Mostly jigs but a few were caught on crank baits and spoons. This next week will have a few of the super tides and I plan to try the soft jerk baits in the tall grass. I’m sure some of them will hit the spoons but with the water at 55 to 60 degrees, I think a slower lure will take more hits. I’ll let you know if it does. The clients on the first trip caught 28 reds up to 8 pounds and the second group caught 27 with the largest at 5 ½ pounds. Both days, we saw many fish that were bigger, but we couldn’t get them to bite regularly. In the clear water, we caught quite a few flounder and some were really nice ones of 2 to 3 pounds each. On one of the days, we caught 6 trout and on the other day we only caught one trout. One of our other guides has been having some really good days on the sheepshead and black drum. On several of the days, he has had catches of 5 to 10 sheepsheads and 5 to 10 blacks also. He uses live and cut bait to catch them. <br><br>The totals for the week were: reds totaled 55 fish; trout totaled 7 and flounder totaled 9.<br><br>Thanks, Gene Dickson<br><br>Delta Guide Service http://www.deltaguideservice.com<br>Georgetown, SC<br>1-843-546-3645<br><br>Our new e-mail address is: Delta-Guide-Service@sc.rr.com<br><br><br>We are a saltwater fishing guide service located on the coast of South Carolina.