Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alligator Season is in full effect
It's on like donkey kong here is SC.
[signature]
hey I know this is a super old post but what's with the duct tape over the eyes? and what are you hunting them with?
[signature]
Nice. Looks like these photos were taken at the locker? How does gator taste? Looks like it would be a fun hunt. Tell us more[cool]
[signature]
Well, the tape over the eye calms them a bit. But, it also keeps them out of the loop as to what's going on. What we normally do is snag them with a snatch hook on a real stout rod and reel. Get them close enough for a harpoon, and it's over. Once they are harpooned, they aren't going anywhere. We usually get them from the bank, not boat. So, once we drag them in with the harpoon line, we get a catch stick around there neck, jump on thier back, tape them up, zip tie thier feet, and load them in the truck. They get a bullet when we get back to my buddies house. If they are too big, they get shot in the head with a high powered rifle, by the alligator control agent I go with.

He processes the alligators, hide and meat. The meat is actually really delicious, if it's not over cooked. If you over cook it, it's like eating rubber. The preperation just like shrimp. [cool]
[signature]
One of the toughest things to get by is when you are facing a huge number of alligators right by their season. And true enough, that would be something that could let you off the steam but still need to be very wary of how you are going to move and be careful about things.

More importantly, you have to have experience just so things will be swinging just right by.
[signature]