Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brandywine Creek - August 17, 2003
My first trip this year down the Brandywine. For the first time in several years the river is flowing. Actually, I think it is higher and faster than I have ever fished it. In some ways this is nice because I didn't have to get out of the tube and walk but in other ways it isn't as nice because the water, which is usually gin clear, was somewhat muddy. I fished from Route 1 in Pennsylvania to the Smith Bridge in Delaware.

No buzzbait fish today. Other than one short strike which could've easily been a rock bass they just weren't interested which is strange because I can usually pull one or two nice fish out on the buzzbait.

I did have a pretty good run today on larger (over 12 inch) sized smallies. When all was said and done I got over a dozen of them on the 5" Assalt Salt Shaker Worm along with a few nice rock bass and a couple very agreesive redbreast sunfish. One fish was caught on the Green Wienie Blue color, the rest were on Green Wienie Red. I tried Irish Whiskey and Smoke (Blue Flake) briefly but didn't get any takers. I caught most of the fish Texas rigging with a little more weight than I usually fish because of the current. One fish was caught using the weightless, do-nothing, horizontal drop technique but it was in a very calm pocket and there weren't too many of those. No big fish (over 15 inches) today but the week is young.

Aside from that my nephew and I caught lots of smaller bass and sunfish on the Rebel Wee-Crawfish rigged with a single size 10 treble hook on the end (instead of the two tiny trebles it comes with - fish get off of those!).
[signature]
awasom!!!

did ya take a ny pic's for prosparity?

in the muddy waters I tend to use the smoke red colored werms. seems to work a little better.

when the water is clear I tend to go back to my browns and blues.
[signature]