Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mojo rod deskunked.. :-)
I have a custom made switch rod that until today had not caught a fish.. it was starting to irritate me so I took advantage of a chance to hit the water and fish it again..

The water is a smallish reservoir close to my house.. once I decided on the part of the shoreline I wanted to fish I got everything set up and settled in for a morning of fishing..

Soon after I got there the water started churning up with one boil after the other ... it was amazing to watch..

I tried several flies including renegades, pt nymphs, a minnow patter that Joni sent me this past summer.. had several fish show interest but nothing..

I decided to tie on a dark colore Ray Charles that I got in a recent fly swap.. cast it out and saw several fish show a lot of interest.. as I was bringing in my fly off the second or third cast I saw a flash of a fish go after the fly.. it did not look like he had hit it so I kept bringing the fly in.. as I started to cast again I realized that the flash of fish had actually gotten hooked.. :-).. in fact I almost cast him out as live bait..

He was very small but a fish is a fish and the skunk disappeared from my rod..

Here is a picture of the little guy..

[center][inline "deskunking fish.jpg"]
[signature]
Hey, I have caught several of his buddies this fall! Looked just like him. I managed to backcast a couple of them before I realized they were along for the ride. I think it is the new "dare" among the yearlings --- seeing who can grab on for the ride. Kids go figure!!
[signature]
LMAO... exactly .. these new kid fishies are just too daring... once back in the water he took off to brag... LOL..

Im just glad he deskunked my rod.. [sly]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[center][font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][Smile][Image: happy.gif]Way to go Mac, now you can go after it's parents. BTW is your custom a 7 wt? lol[/#008000][/font]
[signature]
its a 6wt... lol.. way tooooo much rod for this little guy.. as I said I almost cast him as live bait on my fly... [sly]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
Hey, its all good ! Fish is a fish just like you said.
The bottom line is that you got to go out and do a little
fly fishing. Better then sit at home .[Wink]
Congrats on deskunking the rod.

Peter
[signature]
That same fish on this new Sage...s you bought is going to feel awesome.
[signature]
I know.. I just have to be patient .. for now.. [Smile].. but cant wait to fish with those rods.. :-)

MacFly
[signature]
thanks amigo.. its taken a while but its done.. and it does feel good..

Saturday was one of those days where the wife said why dont you go fishing while I go to my meeting.. lol.. dont have to ask me twice on that.. :-)

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[quote macfly55]thanks amigo.. its taken a while but its done.. and it does feel good..

Saturday was one of those days where the wife said why dont you go fishing while I go to my meeting.. lol.. dont have to ask me twice on that.. :-)

MacFly [cool][/quote]

Copy that my friend . [Smile]
[signature]
its rare.. so gots to take advantage when I can... :-)
[signature]