Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Petoskey
Went up for some salmon action.

Believe it or not the big surge up the river hasn't happened yet. There were a few fish in the river but the normal traffic jam of fish still havn't arrived just yet.

One interesting little story....

My wife had one on.... fought it for a few minutes and lost it. About an hour later a guy 20 feet down from us foul hooked one and pulled it ashore.........and looky there.... it had her fly in it's mouth !!! We got the fly back and as far as I know the fish is either still swimmin or someone else has caught the poor thing.

We also had a local american indian in the river with a BIG spear with a rope on the end of it........ that was interesting to say the least. (He didn't get any while we were there) Wifey was a bit upset that she has to lcaught them and buy a license and he just gets to spear em at no cost. But that's the perks when great great great grand dad sells 2000 acres for a couple of muskets and some tobacco.
[signature]
intresting use of the word sell. [:p]

Glad she had some action, I never had much luck till the second week of october,

I wont be making it up this year, neither the bush or obama money found its way to my pocket..

by the way, how is the grand treating you this season?

I just smoked up my last slab of steal head from last season last night... "note the number of times I used last in the same sentance" [laugh]
[signature]
Very Creatve Dave[Wink]
[signature]
I just got back from California on Saturday night and can't wait to get over there soon !
Taking the kid out on Friday night and Saturday morning to see if she can get bullWinkle.
I hope my trail cams are still out on the trees .
[signature]
so how were the golden sunsets? any nuggets?
[signature]
California is definitely not as they show it in the movies .
Temperatures were lows of 55 and averaged around 70 during daylight hours with fog covering the sky just about every day .
On our final day it hit 90 but that was during class and on our trip back to L.A. during rush hour.
I never saw one bikini out on the beach
From my room I saw a magnificent view of the rear parking lot and as a added bonus the entire area reminded me of River Rouge during a police ordered curfew.
The continental breakfast must have been from Ethiopia as it was nowhere to be found so it was off to Mickey D's where pan handlers were the restaurants doormen.
You will need lots of spending money in California, a cup of coffee went anywhere from $4.00 to $5.05 a cup, a hamburgers price started at $20.00 and up depending if you wanted something like a order of fries with it .
No wonder they have "Happy cows" on the T.V. commercials .
The best thing I can say about California from my trip , it's really far from Michigan .
[signature]
so ya didnt find nuggets, you found chunks. "Brown Ones"

Thats realy to bad.

I got a friend who lives not far from where you were, he lives in a camper trailor smaller than the one you used when I met you up in tawas.. It caust him two K for the privilage, and if he is lucky enough to get a room mate he gets to buy a few grocieries.. Its vary well posible he was one of the pan handlers holding the door for ya...

California is what happens when you let drugs and corruption run rampit... Detroit is not far off..

today the news was showing that the cops in detroit dont want to arrest criminals even when they are caught red handed in the act on quality vidio because they have no place to put them.

If you want to get arested in detroit, you have to rob a meijers store... Oh wait, they wont build a meijers in detroit.[:p] I wonder why?
[signature]