Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willow Beach 9/28/2010
I kept hearing about the monster Stripers caught at Willow Beach so I decided to give it a shot this morning since I wanted to try out my new setup.

[Image: Willowbeach002.jpg]

Lots of road construction going on
[Image: Willowbeach004.jpg]

Willow Beach Marina
[Image: Willowbeach005.jpg]

It took me about 30 mins to unload everything and put it all together. All I'm missing now is a fish finder!
[Image: Willowbeach013.jpg]

So I headed toward the fish hatchery and trolled around for a bit... Stopped and drifted to the pier, then trolled back past the hatchery.

My new setup. Cardiff 400A and Shimano Teramar
[Image: Willowbeach011.jpg]

Saw the homie Oz out there
[Image: Willowbeach007.jpg]

Nice Scenery
[Image: Willowbeach009.jpg]

The water is SOOO clear here. I was able to see the bottom of the river the whole time. Even spotted a BIG Striper a couple times. When I would cast they would take off.

I fished for around 4 hours with nothing to show...I made my way back to the ramp when some guys in a pontoon called me over and offered me an ice cold beer. How can I turn them down? Thanks guys!
[Image: Willowbeach012.jpg]

On my way back I saw this Donkey chillin on the side of the road lol
[Image: Willowbeach014.jpg]

Thanks for reading...Til next time!

-Skunk101
[signature]
Ahh lucky [cool] been wanting to get down there for a while now just hate crossin the dam. The one time I did make it out there it was for the rainbows didnt even bother with the stripers. But my next trip will be purely lunker huntin. And dam bro you dont strike me as a michelob kinda guy but hey how could you turn down a cold one[cool] until then[fishin]
[signature]
Thanks for the report man - nice pics.

That's a sweet set-up man! I like that Cardiff.

Stick with it. Good fish come to those who put the time in.
I hope you nail a 50 pounder from that 'toon!

The Whizzle
[signature]
Thanks for sharing. That pontoon looks like a serious trophy striper fishing machine. [fishin]
[signature]
I agree. You have to put the time in on any body of water to produce any lunkers. I spent weeks fishing every morning before school at FLSP before I caught my 5pounder cat. I wonder how hard a 50 pounder will pull you on your toon. Man that would be so exciting.
[signature]