Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Powell-Farleys canyon
First night my buddy had a bat land on him. Then we got drunk
[Image: DSCF2670.jpg]
Next morning I caught a nice largemouth right when I woke up.
[Image: DSCF2681.jpg]
Then had to help myself to some coffee to cure the whiskey pains.
[Image: DSCF2682.jpg]
Jumped out on the water and caught my first lake Powell walleye trolling around shad raps.
[Image: DSCF2683.jpg]
caught a couple smaller smallmouths then this one on a spinnerbait from shore.
[Image: DSCF2687.jpg]
Let the pups take a swim. Drake really liked cliff jumping.
[Image: DSCF2690.jpg]
Threw some flys for some spunky sunfish and a couple smallmouths.
[Image: DSCF2698.jpg]
Suzie found a nice comfortable rock to sleep on while watching us fish from shore.
[Image: DSCF2703.jpg]
The original all american red meat. Tasty burgers.
[Image: DSCF2744.jpg]
Next day caught some eyes in the morning and some crappies from shore.
[Image: DSCF2763.jpg]
Later that night made some fish tacos
[Image: DSCF2790.jpg]
Yummmm
[Image: DSCF2795.jpg]
Next morning we whacked a double on stripers trolling gold cranks.
[Image: DSCF2798.jpg]
Then I caught a nice eye on a white crank
[Image: DSCF2800.jpg]
As we are trolling around I see this fish floating around. We stopped to check it out and it turns out to be a walleye that bit off a little more than he could chew. He passed away eating a pretty good sized shad while he already had good sized one that hadn't even digested yet. Glutton. You can see his final meal sticking out of his throat.
[Image: DSCF2802.jpg]
extracting first shad.
[Image: DSCF2803.jpg]
half digested fish deep inside.
[Image: DSCF2804.jpg]
Another nice striper from shore caught by my buddy Joe. 24 incher.
[Image: DSCF2811.jpg]
My dog Drake loves to lay down in the water, its hilarious.
[Image: DSCF2826.jpg]
Last fish of the trip, a little cat to complete the multi-species slam. Largemouths, Smallies, Stripers, Walleye, Crappie, Catfish, Sunfish.
[Image: DSCF2839.jpg]
Pretty damn good way to end the summer. 90 degree temps all week.
[signature]
Wow, Nice fish man. Nice multi species outing,

Shawn M

Not too long now and we'll be out on the Ice...woooohooo!
[signature]
[quote FOD]First night my buddy had a bat land on him. Then we got drunk .[/quote]

this sentance sums up an awesome trip!
[signature]
Sounds like a great trip. I've been wanting to do a trip like that in the fall for a few years but never can find the time. Hope your friend didn't get bit or even a slight puncture wound from that bat. Bats do carry rabies and if it was acting erratically or having trouble flying probably more likely to actually have rabies. He should call his doctor or local health department ASAP to determine if he needs treatment.
[signature]
Now that you mention it my buddy did start foaming at the mouth and acted like a demon for the rest of the trip......[sly][sly][pirate][shocked][Tongue][Tongue][Tongue]
Just kidding. Any bat I have ever seen always looked like it was having trouble flying and acting erratically...lol The bat acted like any normal bat I have seen. It just happened to land for a minuet. I doubt that happens very often. Thought it was kinda a good luck thing if anything, Good thing is Joe was wearing two shirts and the outer shirt was worn pretty loosely. I think its all good tho. Thanks for lookin out.[Smile][fishon]
[signature]
So are you suggesting if the bat hadn't landed on ya, you wouldn't have gotten drunk?

[center]Doubt it.
[/center]
Great report - story told thru pix and captions. Love the doggie diving. Had a pup (her name was Whiskey) who would ALWAYS throw herself on her back for a belly rub anytime you so much as said her name.

First time up to Bear Lake - wading in the shallows, and turn and say "Hay Whiskey" - and she flops on her back, bit surprised when she realized she was UNDER water!
I think black dogs like to lay in water. Mine does - chillin' out! Just need to train my two young pups to get lazy and loaf around while I wish. They just wanna get TOO involved, and I do NOT want to get stuck yanking hooks out of a panicked pup!
Surprised how many I see on boats. But probably takes a bigger boat than mine!

Thanks for the report. Nice variety you found fur sure!
Hey no worries besides I'm sure the 2 dogs are up to date on their rabies vaccine. A good dog is a lot harder to replace than a drunk fishing buddy[laugh]. Might try to go down there end of next week. What was the water temp like?
[signature]
Looks like you guys had a nice time[cool] congrats on the multi species have yet to do that at powell nice post n pics.
[signature]
Glad that place worked out for you and your little Boston Whaler. I figured it would be good for you, but not as good as it turned out to be,
Nice trip, great dogs and nice fish.
[signature]
Yea thanks again for a little push in the right direction. I will go back there for sure. The camping was not even close to the madhouse that it was in bullfrog on the primitive campgrounds. We were there too for one afternoon.

Quote:I figured it would be good for you but not as good as it turned out

Did you forget who I am?..... FOD Hahaha just kidding. We had a blast.
Take care.
[signature]