Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview boat ramp launchable???
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]I'm hoping to begin the Fall muskie chase in a while when the water temps start to go down a bit at Pineview. I was wondering if any of you could tell me how the water level is at the west boat ramp at Pineview ? ? ? I heard (from a not so reliable source) that you couldn't launch because it was so low. Is that true? Any info would be helpful.[/size][/font]
[signature]
I was just going to ask this same question old coot! I too am interested in what the water levels are. Last night on KSL Mark Eubank gave a resevoir capacity report for a few lakes and he said PineView was 34% of capacity! i am hoping that a boat is still launchable, I need another chance at a muskie this year.
[signature]
Hello OC,

As I drove by Pineview yesterday it didn't look all that low.[Smile] I too was wondering about launchability so I gave them a call this morning. The news is that both the Port and Cemetery point boat ramps are open.[Wink] The only one in question is Anderson Cove and thats probably due to its location. I haven't ever chased the Muskies up there but would like to try. So, if you ever find yourself buddy-less, give me shout or pm me, I love to go. BC
[signature]
[font "Century Gothic"][size 2]BearClaw,[/size][/font]

[font "Century Gothic"][size 2]Thanks for that good reply. And, yes, when the muskie fishing gets a little faster we'll hit it together.[/size][/font]
[signature]
I launched my 18ft maxum at the west ramp last Monday. I also saw several larger boats putting in and pulling out.

Cableguy
[signature]
Hey buddy, I was up there a couple weeks ago and the ramp is launchable, but it is extremley low. Be very careful if you dont know all the under water structure. I saw a guy in a ski boat go full bore onto an bar that was only a foot under the water. He was more than a hundred yards off shore, so take your time and watch that sonar.

But I would rather run my boat aground than fish pineview on saturday.

Since willard is so low, every ski boat, wave runner, and moron out there is at pineview on saturday. I have never seen it so crowded. You couldnt even fish due to all the waves, boats zipping this way and that. Plus, its rare to have the over flow parking completley full and have to go back befond the overflow field to park your truck.

Weekdays are still ok, but saturday you wouldnt find me at pineview until october.

You heard the fish and game netted a 73 inch musky out of there this summer didnt you. Now thats a big fish.

As for the ramp, I have launched my big boat there, and a 21 ft bass boat in the last month, and with all the extremely large boats on the water, you should be just fine launching your boat.
[signature]
I was up there last Sunday and launched from the west marina and there was no problem launching. The water is getting low my truck was still on concrete but the trailer was on sand when we launched. The weekend before last all three ramps where still open and I am pretty sure they still are. They still allow the maximum boats on the water whitch I think is 200. Like Predator said I gets real crowded on weekends and weekday evenings have not been much better.

Last Sunday there was four groups of us all in different boats and none of us caught a muskie. One guy started fishing at 4:00am the rest of us started at 7:00am and fished untill noon.
[signature]
I seen one muskie caught about 4:00 pm saturday but it was only about 20" muskie . The guys were fishing up by the narrows for bass in a boat . They moved in to the spot I was doing good for smallies . I took off to check out how low Pineview was in the north arm . Looked to be real shallow in the north arm and water was far from the old highway now . I was checking out areas I fished when the water was higher .
[signature]
I fished in the narrows Sunday when the main body of water got to crowed and the area where I think you fish there was already a float tuber and people fishing from the bank and I did not want to be squezzing myself in there. That area is always hard to fish with out ruin it for somebody else.
I fished the north arm and if you get too close to the old highway you will be in 4'-6' of water. Down buy the middle fork area I got stuck on a sand bar that snuck on me real quick.
[signature]
hey predator

is there a story or pictures or anything on the fish they netted? that sounds like a world record to me or close to it. just curious cuz ive never heard of a muskie or pike getting up around 70 inches. thats amazing.
[signature]
Over 54" would be a record fish . I heard of some going 65" in Pineview but 70" . Oh my !!!! I want first dibbs on him . LOL I think that fish will require 10,000 cast and then some more to boot .

[url "http://www.toothycritters.com/alltackle_records.html"]http://www.toothycritters.com/alltackle_records.html[/url]
[signature]
I really want to know if the 73" thing is for real. If so I am definitely going to spend a little more time up there. Not swimming though that is for sure.

I had a buddy who lost his dog up there to a pack of Musky 2 years ago. It was just a puppy swimming around about 30' from the bank. Maybe that was the mysterious 70+"

tightline
[signature]
The only place that I have heard of 70 inch muskies is in S. Canada and Minnesota. But they are actually rare up there, and they are true blooded muskellunge, rather than the hybrid. But it wouldnt surprise me either with the forage in Pineview that a tiger would top the ruler above 60 inches!!!! I bet there might be a couple of them in there!!!!
[signature]