Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake 10/09/2010
Another good day at BL. My buddy and I doubled up at the same time on 2 big ones over 10 pounds. This has never happened before like this out there fo me. This one gave a good fight and made several runs. It has been a long time since I had a nice one fight like this. My friend couldn't find his scale fast enough and I was worried about keeping it out of the water too long so I released it without weighing it. It was by far heavier than the one my son cought last weekend.
[signature]
OOOPPPPS !!!!! I posted the wrong pic...Try this one...
[signature]
those macs at bear lake are pretty, very light color and sleek looking, maybe you can help those salza boys out next year if they go to bear lake.
[signature]
That's a nice Mac!! It's good to see some bigger macs coming out of BL. [Smile]
[signature]
When I get my boat back from the shop this week , I'm going to test run it at Willard to make sure it is alright. If things go good, I'm headed to Bear Lake this week.
[signature]
Wow, Nice pics and Report...I am glad you posted the other pic too...always great to see big fish like that.

Shawn M
[signature]
Good Luck !!! I am hoping to make it up there again next weekend too.
[signature]
Thanks for the report! Are you getting all your fish on the flatfish? Have you ever tried a large flasher followed by a hoochie set up?

I have used this and done really well up in NW Montana but haven't had success with the set up on Yellowstone Lake. For some reason the small spinners are the best bait on that water.

Going to try to get down there this week and will post if I do.
[signature]