Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where to fish in Ann Arbor
I'm visiting Ann Arbor next week for business, and was wondering if anybody could suggest some places I could squeeze in some good fishing a few hours a day. I looked into the Metroparks, which look great! But there are so many....any suggestions? I'm a budding bass angler and would like to try for some of Michigan's famous, trophy sized fish!

Thanks!
[signature]
kensington metro park.

they have a rowboat rental on the west side of the park.

take pontiac trail north out of ann arbor till you come to a "T" in the road. turn left, go to the second intersection and turn right. continue north pass the I-696 freeway, there you will make a right turn in to the park, you will know your in the right spot when you see the golf corce on the right about a quarter mile in.

Stop and check for a map at the gate house. I doubt any one will be on the job there but you should be able to find a map that will show where the boat rental is. There are Park cops there who will also be happy to tell you where it is.

You will pass a state park on the way there, Yes there are fishing oppertunities there, but it is lake shore and river bank fishing unless you have your own canoe or float tube. "No boat launches there"
[signature]
Awesome! thank you for the help! can't wait to get out there.

[fishin]
[signature]