Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it too late for good bluegilling at Pelican?
Haven't been able to get out there all year since icefishing, and want to take a friend, newly back in the state, out for a good day catching...

Starvation?

Strawberry from shore?
[signature]
I only thought that the two times that you can't catch bluegills at Pelican is first ice and last ice. Then only for safety reasons.
[signature]
I just almost never fish in the fall, and I don't know much about what warm water species do when weather turns from hot to cool..

This year I'm tagged out for bowhunting, so plan to fish a bit...
[signature]
I'm sure pelican will be still active. Warm water fish never really go dormant as according to old school theory. Bluegills and bass are as active under ice as in the summer. Yes they digest slower but are still active. Landed several bluegill today at pine lol. Wasn't targeting them though haha. November and December are traditionally my second favorite months for monster bluegills, crappie and bass. Of course the other best month is may haha.
[signature]
I have had non-stop action for bluegills at Pelican on early ice several times, so I have a strong hunch that they can be caught this time of year.
[signature]