Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hunt,fish,fish 10/10
[cool]Got back from deer hunting on thursday with a nice forkhorn and needed a fishing fix. Went out saturday on the seadoos and got two stripers;only one worth keeping for tacos that night. Went out today,monday,in the tube and got one dink striper, a few lmb on the flyrod and one nice smallie that spit the hook at the tube. A busy and fun week, now back to work[:/].
[signature]
good lil buck sir. where did you get him at?
[signature]
Nice buck. How far was the shot.
[signature]
Nice one [cool] What area?
[signature]
[cool]I got him in area 10 just south of the ruby mountains. I shot him at 235 yards in the neck. This place doesn't have the big trophies but has quite a few bucks. Saw some nice four pointers but they were too far and on the move. Nice thing he was only 800 yards from camp but we had hiked 6 miles and headed back to camp when we saw him.
[signature]
Thanks big E [cool] Kinda off topic but have you ever waterfowl hunted overton WMA if so are there any decent birds out there?
[signature]
[cool]Never gone after waterfowl. I will go for quail in a week or so.
[signature]
Ive heard of someone hunting birds at nelsons landing. I could get more info if youd like.
[signature]
My buddy and his brother got 8 chucker last week in the moapa area.
[signature]
Yeah that would help.[cool]
[signature]
[quote BigE][cool]Never gone after waterfowl. I will go for quail in a week or so.[/quote]

let us know how you do[cool]
[signature]
If BigE ever asks you to go hunting with him, run away! He tried to kill me on that hunt, up at 3:00am on the trail in the dark, hike all day, no beer breaks!!! The man is a machine. Luckily it wasn't opening day when we were 5 miles out in the rain and hail, we could have just stayed within pissing distance of camp shot the deer and I could have had my beer break.

Excellent hunt my friend, looking forward to the next torture session!
[signature]
Yeah area 10 is huge and known to be a tough rugged hunt. Still plenty of big boys just gotta put the time into prehunt. I stoped taking the torture/abuse years ago involved with big game now im all duck baby[cool] sounds like you guys had a blast until then
[signature]