Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Callville Cleanup
Hey guys, I lifted this from the BAF forum. Good contact info for those of us who can volunteer to get Callville back to what it once was (minus the water levels [Wink]).

The Whizzle

Got this off western bass, thinking I might go Saturday, at least spreading the word if any of you guys have time its a mess, check the vid, [url "http://www.necn.com/10/05/10/River-of-mud-swamps-southern-Nevada/landing_nation.html?blockID=324792&feedID=4207"]http://www.necn.com/10/05/10/River-of-mud-swamps-southern-Nevada/landing_nation.html?blockID=324792&feedID=4207[/url]

Quinn

From Western Bass
""Callville Bay, Lake mead, severe Damage

Postby meadbass » Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:11 am
Hey everybody, Callville Bay was hit bad over the weekend with a flash flood. They have shut it down for saftey reasons. There is an estimated $1 million in damages. I spoke to KIm Roundtree, the General Manager, and she emailed me this report, "After today, when the adjusters are here, I will know more. Callville was evacuated yesterday at 4:00pm due to the amount of water stored in the tanks. Since we don’t have any power yet, we can’t re-open until repaired. 9 power poles were knocked down and 7 cross beams (I think that’s what they’re called). After power is restored we can have people come out(I’m hoping we can open on Saturday). We would love your help. It is very muddy, so bring only your “grubbies” to work in. E-mail me again on Friday so I can let you know if Park Service will let people get out here."
Please email Kim at [url "mailto:callvillegm@anv.net"]callvillegm@anv.net[/url] if you can come out to Callville and volunteer your services. Please remember these people have worked very hard for all anglers for years to provide the best services for all the different tournament organizations. I am going out when they give the thumbs up for public access. please avail yourself to them if you can.
John ""
[signature]
Park Service will be holding shore clean up here on
Saturday Nov. 13.
Soon as I have more info I will post it here.
[signature]
I was down there on Sat/Sun not to trashed. Lots of floating wood and some styrofoam. Going down to the marina they are re-paving the launch ramp and have a new paved walkway to the floating dock.

Two of the buildings were disconnected from the mooring cables and floated out of the marina area. The two other buildings the general store and fuel store are to be demolished as the water damage is great.

Striper fishing was tough, got a few on the jigging spoons.
[signature]