Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rough Draft Ice Fishing Contest Rules
Please speak up and let your opinion be known. This is what I have so far for the Ice Fishing Contest Rules. One of the things that I am thinking about is banning pike and lake trout simply to make the competition more competetive and less about who has the money to travel huge distances.

If you all want to include the big boys that is fine as well.

1. There will be a $10 entree fee (That should give us around $200 for prize money). First 20 people to get their entry fee to Windriver get in. The winner will get a trophy the rest goes to charity.

2. Must be a registered member of BFT to enter.

3. Points will be awarded by the nearest half inch.

4. Must have a picture with the fish on the ground next to the tape, the BFT logo with the year 2010-2011 and you. (You may use a picture of yourself on the ground next to the fish as their isn't always someone to help take the picture.) Pictures of fish in the air next to a tape will not count for points. All pictures must be taken at the lake.

5. Points will be awarded for up to 7 fish.

The 7 fish must be made up of a combination of …
1 panfish (perch, crappie, or bluegill/sunfish),

5 different game fish (Rainbow trout, Cutthroat trout/CuttBow, Brown trout, Brook trout, Lake trout, Splake, Pike, walleye, Large Mouth Bass, Smallmouth Bass,)

1 non-game fish (carp, sucker, chub, pike minnow)

6. Cuttbows will be classified as a Cutthroat.

9. Idaho waters only. Reciprocal lakes count as Idaho waters.

10. Pictures must be taken on ice/lake/reservoir. You must post your own fish for it to get credit. Please post your photos in JPEG format.

11. Posts must include type of fish, date caught, name of lake, and length of fish.

12. If you catch a say a larger Perch but have one posted already no problem. Post the new perch and your points will be adjusted. You don't get both but the larger one will be the one counted.

Please check your pictures on the lake of the fish if you can. If it moved and doesn't show the full length of the fish I'm sorry but I go with what show's up in the picture. Points are based on the photos. No limit on size of photos this year but please don't abuse this.
[signature]
Those rules look good to me.

We could have another big fish category just for the excluded fish. And give a trophy for the biggest fish that is not counted in the main contest.
[signature]
No Kokanee? [Image: happy.gif]

Checks in the mail. [Image: scaredworried.gif]
[signature]
looks good-$ on it's way[fishon]
[signature]
Sounds good too me. What about Kokanee? Maybe something for the biggest fish caught would be OK also.

Jim
[signature]
Sorry forgot about Kokanee. They will definitely be included.

Windriver
[signature]
Ok, here is a revision. If there are no further good suggestions, I will post the official rules on Sunday.

1. There will be a $10 entree fee (That should give us around $200 for prize money). First 20 people to get their entry fee to Windriver get in.

2. Must be a registered member of BFT to enter.

3. Points will be awarded by the nearest half inch.

4. Must have a picture with the fish on the ground next to the tape, the BFT logo with the year 2010-2011 and you. (You may use a picture of yourself on the ground next to the fish as their isn't always someone to help take the picture.) Pictures of fish in the air next to a tape will not count for points. All pictures must be taken at the lake.

5. Points will be awarded for up to 7 fish.

The 7 fish must be made up of a combination of …
1 panfish (perch, crappie, or bluegill/sunfish)

5 different game fish (Rainbow trout, Cutthroat trout/CuttBow, Brown trout, Brook trout, Splake, Kokanee, walleye, Large Mouth Bass, Smallmouth Bass,)

1 non-game fish (sucker, chub, pike minnow, shiner)

6. Cuttbows will be classified as a Cutthroat.

7. Pike, Tiger Muskie, Lake Trout, and Carp will be excluded from the 7 fish contest, but will be eligible for the longest over all fish trophy.

8. Idaho waters only. Reciprocal lakes count as Idaho waters.

9. You must post your own fish for it to get credit. Please post your photos in JPEG format.

10. Posts must include type of fish, date caught, name of lake, and length of fish.

11. If you catch say a larger Perch but have one posted already no problem. Post the new perch and your points will be adjusted. You don't get both but the larger one will be the one counted.

Please check your pictures on the lake of the fish if you can. If it moved and doesn't show the full length of the fish I'm sorry but I go with what shows up in the picture. Points are based on the photos. No limit on size of photos this year but please don't abuse this.

12. Awards will consist of two trophies. One will go to the winner of the “BFT Idaho 7 Fish Challenge.” The second trophy will go to the person who catches the longest fish. Pike, Tiger Muskie, Lake Trout, and Carp are excluded from the “7 Fish Challenge.” However, they are eligible for the longest fish trophy.

Thanks
Windriver
[signature]
looks good to me.

Cole
[signature]
it looks good to me. I just hope henry's doesnt freeze.... if it does whoever can get out there has a great chance.
[signature]
my money will be on its way monday morning sorry i work weekend swings.
[signature]