Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pine View Muskie
I went up to Pine View with my friend, he wanted to catch a large Tiger Muskie (ya right).[crazy] We fished from 9-Noon for Bass, because we didn't have big enough tackle for Muskies.
I had a few small hits in one area at noon and told him to come over and try it out. He had only fished it a couple minutes when he got a good hit and set the hook. The fish started to pull some line, by the time i got over to him. He had reeled it up a little and it made another run, pulling his pole close to the water. I said Dude you must have a Carp on, loosen your drag so you don't loose him. Again he reeled the fish up slowly, and said Dude its a Muskie. And I still didn't believe him until I went to put it in the net.
We took some Pics, measure him at 35" long and revived him safely. He was caught on 6 lb test and a green road runner tipped with a worn for perch.[laugh] What an awesome day. I was smiling and reliving the moment for the next 1 1/2 hrs.
Later Paul

Here are a couple of extra pics, biting through the net.
[signature]
congrats to your buddy on getting the musky! they are such a beautiful fish! I am heading out in the morning
[signature]
Yeah it was way cool. I think i was more excited than he was, because i knew it was a Big fish. It beat his old record of a 18" rainbow, and on his first time fishing for Muskie. [crazy]
[signature]
Hey streamfisherman,

Just thought I would say hi. I was the guy there you were talking to after you got out of the water and while you were reviving the fish.

Great looking fish!!!
[signature]
Now that's a good day and a better fish. Congrats!
[signature]
Hey hannibal68853

It was good meeting you and your wife. I'm glad that the muskie was mellow when I revived him.[:/] How early did you guy's start casting from the shore? We were fishing 1-4 cranks off the bottom in that area.

Paul
[signature]
More pics
[signature]
Paul, good for your buddy, it's your turn next and when that happens you'll be hooked on Muskie fishin, pun intended. Great pics, that what I enjoy the most. K.C.
[signature]
Another PV shore-musky success. Nice.

Even if YOU don't hook it - just being around those monsters is exciting! But having one on the line, and waiting for it to break - THAT gets you blood pumping!

Yeah - let them run. Especially if you don't have a heavy line, or steel leader. I broke one off as it dove under my boat and I watched the rod go down, down, down. SO next time - I was certain to let OFF the drag and let it run. Each time it came up to the boat - it said, oh NO - not THAT again, and off it went. By the time I finally netted it it was just kinda saying fine, get your picture, and let's get this done.

He ate my perch, and I really think I never actually hooked him, he just refused to let go!!! Needless to say - I let him keep the snack.

Saw another post of someone's stringer of bass getting muched by a musky. So watch out for your basket too!

Some folks think fishing is boring. They obviously haven't had the addictive adrenalin rush that comes from a heavy tug.

Nice that you guys met up too. Where were you fishing from? Gotta get me down there soon. I'm on a mission to target some big bass. If I find a musky - bonus. (big bonus!)

Thanks for the post and pix.
I need to get up their awsome fish
[signature]
Great post & greater pics. I'm wondering about trying to hook some muskie through the hard deck, but I've never done it before. Have you ever pulled one through the ice?
[signature]
You might want to search YouTube for a "Musky through the ice" or something like that. Ice pole - 6 lb test, wicked. Ice so clear you could see if right under the guys. Kinda spooky!

Probably wanna be sure to have a jaw-grabber if you intent to try to pull them through!

Heard tails of ice-fishers finding their Perch catch suddenly becomes very heavy. Happened to me this summer - good tugs!