Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unit 16 deer hunt.
My son, daughter, and wife all got deer in unit 16 on Friday. We saw 14 bucks on Friday. What a great hunt and fun time. Couldn't get my wife or daughter to pose for pictures, they are camera shy. They got a (counting the eye guards) a 2x4, a 4x4, and a 4x5.
[signature]
nice bucks ! i am going to hunt 15 in a couple weeks. can only prey i see some like those ! what cartridge was the savage chambered for ? were you hunting on private prop. or open range. have a good one.
[signature]
You could tell that was a Savage from that crappy picture? I'm impressed. It is a 270.

We've been hunting the same private land for about 7-8 years now. I'm getting to know how to hunt it pretty well. My friends that own the place don't hunt and their kids don't come up much any more, so it doesn't get hunted much. I like to let the area get hunted for 7-14 days, then go in and hunt after all the bucks move in there after being pushed off of the surrounding properties. I typically see a lot of deer anyway, but it just seems to get better the longer you wait.

Good luck when you go!
[signature]
good looking deer!!!!! did you shoot that one in dome? looks like it. i havnt even started hunting yet. gonna wait till november and see if i can slide an arrow in a buck.
[signature]
My daughter shot that one and broke both hind legs. When she walked up to it, it was trying to get up, so she did dome it.
[signature]
thats awesome!!!! it makes we want to donate another 300 to the state of idaho to try for white tail, you don't hear much about them other than back east and texas.
[signature]