Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fish Recipes
Found at [url "http://www.wayneswords.com/recipe.htm"]http://www.wayneswords.com/recipe.htm[/url]

[center][blue]Recipes Submitted by Lake Powell Anglers[/blue]

[Image: wwlogo.jpg]
[center]DELECTABLE PAN FRIED STRIPER
(Recipe submitted by Wayne Gustaveson) Striped bass fillets - cut in uniform size one inch chunks
One egg
Finely crushed cracker crumbs - Club, Waverly Wafers or Ritz
One tablespoon flour
One cup olive oil Prepare freshly-caught striper fillets by cutting into one inch chunks. Smaller fillets can be cut into thirds. Remove red meat from larger fillets during preparation process. The key is to have all chunks of uniform thickness for even cooking. Beat egg until scrambled and add fish. Stir fish with fork until evenly coated with egg. Place cracker crumbs in plastic bag. Add flour to crushed cracker crumbs to prevent crumbs from clumping. Place fish chunks in bag and shake to coat with cracker crumb mixture. Season to taste with salt and pepper, lemon pepper or your favorite spices. Pan fry in hot oil (375) until golden brown. Turn to brown on opposite side. When brown on both sides fish is ready to eat. ENJOY!

[#333333]Buttermilk Fried Stripers - Ken Lee
6 cups of self rising flour
1 cup of cornstarch
2 packages of dry Ranch buttermilk dressing
1/2 cup Cajun spices
1/4 cup Lawrys seasoning salt

Mix above ingredients in a large bowl.

Mix 4 cups of buttermilk with two eggs beat until blended well, dry fillets and dip into buttermilk mixture, then into dry ingredients, heat enough peanut oil to cover or deep fry at 350 degrees, drop fish into oil and cook until golden brown.

You can serve with tartar sauce but I like mine with cocktail sauce, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, horseradish, lemon juice and Tabasco sauce.

[size 4]Hushpuppies -[/size] Smitto
1 - 11oz drained can of white shoepeg corn
1 - 4 oz can diced ortega chiles
1/4 chopped small red or sweet (your preference) onion
Tabasco (or not) to taste

1 15 oz box Krusteaz Honey Cornbread and Muffin Mix

Mix all wet ingredients in a blender then fold in the Cornbread Mix. Drop "spoon sized portions" in hot oil till done.

Simple and to die for!
Thanks, Smitto.

SMOKED STRIPER - Tony Anast
Here is a recipe for smoked striper. It is mild and great to snack on. I use an electric smoker , but any will do. I use fillets, it seems to be easier, plus my fish are filleted the day i catch them.

1/2 bottle of cheap chardonney
approx. 1/2 cup brown sugar
approx. 1/4 cup lemon juice
fresh garlic cloves or minced
garlic salt (just add a bunch)
salt and pepper (use a lot)
Oregano
greek seasoning
1/4 cup worcester sauce
add fillets then add water to cover the fillets

I like to use apple and hickory wood chips. I soak them for 1/2 hr. I soak the fillets over night or longer. takes about 1.5 hrs for my smoker (till flakey or firm, just taste you will know).
I just threw this recipe together so try different ingredient amounts according to taste. Goes great with cracker and cheese....

Enjoy

[size 4]Cherry/Pineapple Dutch Oven Dump Cake - Canyonhiker[/size]

1 can (20 oz.) cherry pie filling
1 can (20 oz.) crushed pineapple
1 box yellow cake mix
1 stick butter
Chopped pecans

Dump pie filling and pineapple into a 10" round cake pan.
Mix together.
Dump dry cake mix over top, spread evenly.
Slice butter into pats and arrange evenly over top.
Sprinkle pecans on top.

Place cake pan inside 12" dutch oven.

Place 12 briquets underneath oven, 15 on top.

Bake for one hour, rotating after 30 minutes.

Note: Experimenting with different flavor combinations is fun. Use 2 cans of same flavor or mix as in above recipe. Peach/apple is another good combination with spice cake mix. Crushed pineapple works better than pineapple pie filling. 1/2 can of citrus-flavored soda pop can be substituted for the butter and is good! Space all briquets evenly around the edges of the bottom and lid, filling in the gap in the middle with about 4 briquets. Aluminum foil can be used to line the dutch oven or you can always cook directly in it. I have better luck using a cake pan, with something to keep the bottom of the pan from direct contact with the bottom of the oven. No more burnt cake!

[left][b][size 4]Breakfast Hash
I'm going to try the Lobster one. My favorite way is to fry some pieces coated with Italian bread crumbs in about 3" of vegetable oil. Skip the egg dip method, rinse them off and shake in a bag with crumbs. They float when there done. Then add some fries.
[signature]
wow jackpot!! I am a hungry now lol
[signature]
Whizzle can we get a sticky or not seeing as I hijacked it from another site?
[signature]
I think it is worthy... I know I'll be looking at this way more than once...
[signature]
You are the best mod ever, here is your prize. (my lunch)

The poor man's Lobster, wow this one is a hit, YUM![inline 1021101218c.jpg][inline 1021101218b.jpg][inline 1021101218a.jpg]
[signature]
[quote iamthesmf]You are the best mod ever, here is your prize. (my lunch)

The poor man's Lobster, wow this one is a hit, YUM![/quote]

So how was it??? This was the first recipe I wanted to try also.. Did it really taste like lobster??
[signature]
This was almost the best recipe so far (still like the Italian bread crumbs in oil) Yes it does taste like Lobster but go easy on the butter (because then it just taste like butter)

Even my niece ate some and she doesn't like fish other than frozen fish sticks. She added more of the broth mix and made Lobster soup.
[signature]
[size 2] [/size]
Cut Striper into bite size pieces.
Heat Vegetable oil on med/high or about 325F
Rinse fish and place in a sealable bag with Progresso Italian bread crumbs (shake-n-bake style)
Shake the bag and coat the fish evenly with mixture. You may add salt and pepper to taste.
Remove from bag and place fish in hot oil.
When fish floats or turns golden brown it's done.

Works with Idaho instant potato flakes makes fish taste like hash browns.

Also, you can cut an ear of corn into 1/3's about 3 inches in length, shake in a bag with cornmeal.
Yes, cornmeal on corn, it a Texas thing.
Add this to the hot oil after the fish is done, when it floats it's done.

Also works well with Turtle.
[signature]