Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zach, Bri, Cindy and anyone else
Just bought a Renegade and for all you other crazy people that own these or other similar watercrafts, I have been modifying mine.
B Dog goes with me allot so I need a material that was claw proof, plus need a couple of rod holders.
Now I have it in the picture with the modified Minn 30 which I will try. Also have the battery sitting both directions, that too is an option, but need to get it out on some water to see what is best there.

Next step is to cut a hole for the battery in the aluminum deck so the battery will sit lower (about 3 to 4") plus be more stable.

So, room for B to run around, motor, rod holder and sonar.

http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f17/Fl.../Renegade/
[signature]
yay!! your going to love it! i know fishin_gal loves her's. it was a huge upgrade from a caddis tube to the renegade and now shes comfortable enough to motor at full speed like its nothing for her. a4re you bringing it saturday?
[signature]
Got it licensed this morn. So glad that changed from the usual 4th month thing to when ever you license it.
You know how easy it would be to stand or at least kneel on these. Notice the NEW foot bar?
[signature]
sweet! i have to go up there before i leave and see if the bags ever came in
[signature]
looks like some awesome work to me... but where is the pvc?? :-)...

btw.. do you think Baxster is going to be willing to share space with a battery box?? :-)

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
I just added more shots, what do you think?
[signature]
awesome im going to have to get a backk deck for fishin_gal's boat when i get back now
[signature]
How close to her seat does her battery sit? That us my only worry (and one of all women) about the back end being to heavy.
I don't know how much that would matter on this boat. Also, thinking, you could put the deck on the front or open end and use that gas motor.
Gotta love these boats!!!! "somebody stop me...pleeeeaaaase!"
[signature]
my first thought was another renegade.. didnt you just sell those and then I realized it was the escapes that you sold/are selling.. lol... too many boat names...

I think it all looks awesome... now is that deck from a different boat.. or did you attach rod holders like that on a different boat??

I think Baxster will have enough room to stay close to momma and still inspect all the fish and not damage the boat... :-)...

MacFly
[signature]
You are getting it Mac...LOL Yes I sold the Escapes. Loved those boats, but found out you can't leave your dog in the trailer unattended. I couldn't take him with me on the Escape because my legs are long and the seat is all the way back.
A couple got a killer tube for a killer price.
Now, the deck is from our X5 (which we still have) because we replace it with the MEGA deck which is 7" wider. Now the X5 is 10'6" and the renegade is 9' so the bigger deck works great on the X5.

The renegade also weighs 5lbs more than the Escape so not any worries there.

This whole boat with motor and battery will fit in my Vitara with room to spare. Easy set up too as everything is connected to the deck.
[signature]
glad you were able to get that second escape sold... but at that price it would be a deal hard to beat...

the whole setup looks great to me.. and Im sure Baxster is happy with his new ride setup... :-)...next to momma and still get to inspect the fish... he has such a tough life...LOL>..

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
Wow, things have been happening while I was gone! Good job on the Renegade! Baxter looks like he is all ready to ask.. "Well, where's the fish!"

I have been thinking about a deck and small gas motor myself.... someday! Can't justify the gas motor yet as I don't fish many of the larger reservoirs.

My battery sits all of the way back against the back tube wall. No weight distribution issues with it being back that far, but mine is a size 24, 80 amp hr battery not one of the bigger ones.

There is so much flotation in the Renegade that I don't think it will be a problem where ever you put it. I could carry a passenger behind me and it wouldn't blink at the extra weight. I haven't tried that yet, but I have laid my seat back and scooted all of the way to the back next to my battery and it didn't shift the balance much if any.

I wish I could get out to D this weekend before it snows, but I get to play with grandkids instead. I am supposed to be babysitting them, but I am a bigger kid than they are, so maybe they will babysit me![laugh]
[signature]
Thank you so much for the info. I won't worry too much about the battery now. You are right though, the floor and two pontoons, it is a floating machine.
[signature]