Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bear lake question
Does anyone have the gps coordinates for the new rockpile off the marina. I would love to try it when the whitefish spawn but i cant find the dang thing.
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"]BEAR LAKE ROCKPILE COORDINATES[/font]
[font "Times New Roman"] [/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]The GPS coordinates for the new rockpiles using WGS84 datum going south to north are:[/font]

[font "Times New Roman"]41 degrees 58.097’[/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]111 degrees 23.682’[/font]

[font "Times New Roman"]41 degrees 58.187’[/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]111 degrees 23.728’[/font]

[font "Times New Roman"]41 degrees 58.292’[/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]111 degrees 23.765’[/font]

[font "Times New Roman"]41 degrees 58.418’[/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]111 degrees 23.798’[/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][url "http://home.comcast.net/~thumbrock/map.htm"]NEWEST MAP ONLINE[/url][/font]
[signature]
thank you so much. I cant wait to try it.
[signature]
I could be wrong but I can't help but think that the new rock piles might be a bit too deep for catching spawning whites. I know that during the spawn, you can catch them pretty easy right off the bank rocks just outside the marina.

For me, the technique is such a lite jig, being retrieved SO SLOW that it may be hard to control that down on the deeper rock piles (deeper than around the bank).

But understand that 1) Ihave a lot to learn about fishing Bear Lake and 2) I do most of my white fish fishing on the east side of the lake.

BearLakeFishGuy or BLM ... chime in and tell me if my theroy is right or wrong. I would be curious to know your opinions on this.
[signature]
In my opinion:

The new rock piles have yet to hold fish but they are there from time to time. Not saying that it is a bad choice but there are better ones. If you need to be on the West side then the marina area is your best choice, just as Old Coot said.

I prefer to go to the east side where there is more rocky shorelines, you will have waaay better results. Cisco beach and South is best, until you hit the first point area then it turns to sandy beach again.
[signature]
Thank you for all the advice everyone, i will use all i can get. I have been fishing bear lake for about 20 years and still learn new spots and techniques all the time. I will definately try the marina and cicoe beach for the whites. I have always gone to the rockpile before and done well but i have been forced to downgrade to a smaller boat so the rockpile is out for this year.
[signature]