Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Swimming with Seals! Not !!

OK tubers,

Here it is.... a 50 year old woman swimming in Avila Beach, California (100+ miles from LA) was killed by a shark attack. Why?

It was her habit to swim among the resident rookery of harbor seals. She was wearing a dark wetsuit and flippers. Get this! Her friend noticed the seals suddenly open up a big area around the woman and scatter. Next, the suspected great white shark decides that one yummy seal was all by itself and.... Chomp! Swimming with seals!!

Was she asking for it or what? Makes you kinda what to paint a mean ugly face on the bottom of your tube to scare away the sharks who often attack their prey by coming up through the depths.

JapanRon
[signature]
[cool]Yeah, I read that report in the Phoenix paper, and saw it on the TV news. That was the same day they had back to back programs on one of the channels called "What Were You Thinking?"...kind of s funny videos thing about stupid behavior. It really applies to that situation.

I don't know if if a scary face on the bottom of the tube would do it. Then, again, if you could get the potential Terminator Governor to send you a vinyl print of his intimidating mug, you could stick it on to try it out.

Better yet, paint the letters "Attorney" on the bottom. Sharks would not bother you..."professional courtesy".

One of my favorite original sayings over the years is "Stupidity is it's own reward." I hate to speak ill of the departed, but that lady literally did not have both oars in the water.
[signature]
[cool] Over here in SoCal, we are used to divers and swimmers getting nipped at. I think that article also mentioned that the woman was BLONDE. On certain days, the sharks know that they get double points for blonde targets wearing all black wetsuits and giant flippers.[laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh]
[signature]
[cool]Careful now, you will offend all of our blonde tubers. Come to think of it, I'm kinda blonde...if grey counts.

All offended blondes can respond by submitting complaints to [url "http://www.toughstuff.com"]www.toughstuff.com[/url] .
[signature]
[unsure][laugh][shocked] I guess I should be careful. I just checked the mirror and low annd behold I am ...................Blonde..........without grey hairs yet. hee hee.
[signature]
I get nervous when i'm surfing or boogie boarding and i see seals in the area no way would i ever swim with them, that's to much like asking for trouble.
[signature]

Hi TubeDude,

Professional courtsey my foot. Sharks might eat car license plates but they ain't posioning themselves. There is a fish on both the East Coast and Gulf of Mexico that anglers have nicknamed 'lawyer' hummmm I wonder what that fish looks like and where it dwells? ha ha ha Oh ya, nothing against lawyers mind you.

Thanks for the good laugh!

JapanRon
[signature]
[cool]Hey, I just got a bottle of snacks in the mail. Man, those are horrible. Maybe I should just use them for bait or something. Maybe those lawyer fish would eat them.

Did you ever hear the questions "What is the difference between a catfish and a lawyer?"

Answer: One is a bottom dwelling scavenger. The other is a fish.

Sorry if I offended any members of the legal profession. However, my personal feeling has always been that if it weren't for lawyers...we wouldn't need 'em. (think about it)
[signature]

Hi TubeDude,

I'm sure that snack was from me. Here's what I did to be able to use them! You're in Arizona so you should be able to slow-dry them! Mine cured well. When nearly cured, I took a pair of sissors and cut them into strips, let them dry further, then I doubled a ziplock bag and put in a piece of moistened felt before closing and storing.

If I told you what a hassle it was to make them usable you may have said forget it! ha ha ha They reconstitue tougher with no smell when used.

Seriously, they do work. One time! They are not reusable as advertised.

That was reasonably fast! I mailed them Monday afternoon. No leaks I hope!

JapanRon
[signature]
[cool]No leaks...but no leaks would not have made through your multi layers of plastic bags. How many plastic trees had to die in order to properly pack that bottle?

I was also pleased to note that there were no biohazard stickers on the package.

No fishing this weekend (we're out of gasoline over here), but next week for sure. I will definitely cast those strips to the local fishies and give them a chance to cast their vote.

Thanks
[signature]
[cool] Hey JR,

I know what you mean with the boogie board. I feel much safer myself if I am Boogying with the Dolphins. They tend to run a little blocking action for you when needed.
[signature]
sharks , big whooptie do ! now , you guy's wanna try something on the edge ?

take a swim with "nibbles" the killer minnow .

this great lakes preditor of unsubstantual size has been known to tickle your toes and tug on your leg hairs , blonde or not .
[signature]

Hi lonehunter,

Hummmmmm Boy I'd sure like to know where there are big schools of them so I could avoid getting in the middle of them when summer-time skinny dipping with my worm scented suntan lotion slathered all over my rather porcuine body.

he he he

JapanRon
[signature]
[cool]You probably have some of those rock bass or green sunfish. In Lake Powell there are a lot of aggressive green sunfish that are very protective of their territory...especially if they have nests in the area. Heard tell of a mixed gender skinny dipping party one night that ended when the ladies freaked out over being butted and nibbled by the nasty little buggers.
[signature]
she should have tried the new line of repelent's

ode de' skunk - for crowded fishing piers and gals seeking husbands .

law ' yer - for sharks and politicians alike

col der' - snowbird repelent ( i hear tubedude has an open order to see him thru the winter months )

and for sun screen protection , try new C-BLOCK , it's like not seeing the sun for ten to twenty .
[signature]
I knew a blonde that was so stupid that....... > > > > > > > > > > > > she called me to get my phone number. > > > > > > > > > > > > she spent 20 minutes looking at the orange juice box because it said > > > > > > > > "concentrate." > > > > > > > > > > > > she put lipstick on her forehead because she wanted to make up her mind. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > she tried to put M&M's in alphabetical order. > > > > > > > > > > > > she sent me a fax with a stamp on it. > > > > > > > > > > > > she tried to drown a fish. > > > > > > > > > > > > she thought a quarterback was a refund. > > > > > > > > > > > > she got locked in a grocery store and starved to > > > > > > > > death. > > > > > > > > > > > > she tripped over a cordless phone. > > > > > > > > > > > > she took a ruler to bed to see how long she slept. > > > > > > > > she asked for a price check at the Dollar Store. > > > > > > > > > > > > she studied for a blood test. > > > > > > > > > > > > she thought Meow Mix was a CD for cats. > > > > > > > > > > > > when she heard that 90% of all crimes occur around the home, > > > > > > > > she moved. > > > > > > > > > > > > when she missed the 44 bus, she took the 22 bus twice > > > > > > > > instead. > > > > > > > > > > > > when she took you to the airport and saw a sign that said > > > > > > > > "Airport Left" she turned around and went home > > > > > > > > > > > > >
[signature]
[cool] Hey lonehunter,

You might of heard of the Blonde that had to call the automobile club cuz she locked her keys inside of her convertible. Her only concern was that they hurry cuz it was starting to rain and she left the top down.
[signature]
[cool]Or the blonde who found a good fishing spot out in the middle of the lake. Before she left, she put a mark on the side of the boat and on the water so she could find the place again.

E-E-E-E-E-E-E-NUFFFFFF BLONDE JOKES. KAY?
[signature]
Uh oh...BlondeDude is gettin' mad.....LOL
[signature]
I heard prior to that she used to run through the pitball rescue with a steak around her neck [cool]

But seriously, common sense. If you see a shark fin sticking out of the water you need to quietly leave the area.

A note for tubers too. All though sharks usually do not attack something larger than themselves if you use a live net system to keep your catch alive and you hang that over the side of your tube you are at risk of an attack too.

When you drop a fish in there it panics, that signal can be heard by sharks and other predetors. They might decide to pay you alittle visit, something to think about.

All though I have not heard of a tuber being attacked by a shark I have personally caught 2' plus sharks on my tube.

Alittle scary. Whenever I caught them I had my fish net hanging over the side. [shocked]

Joe C
[signature]