Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
water conditions
what is the water like down in san diego right now? from what i have heard, august is the prime "big swell" month of the year. I am kinda worried about this because i am prone to sea sickness. it is kinda embarrassing admitting this, but I have no control over it so i'm not gonna worry. anything over 5 feet, well.....hahahahahaha[:/][crazy] are the different expressions that are on my face. well....sometimes, I get sick on really small swells, and sometimes I dont get sick on rather big swells. WHATS WRONG WITH ME!!! I'M a FREAK! hahaha.[Wink]

oh well..i'm not going to let getting sick ruin my trip.

joe
[signature]
thanks for the advice taz.... I think you should take the time to register. its FREE! [laugh] you have chances to win free tackle, and you get that little fishy next to your name.

I already use the pills on really rough days. if there are like 3 foot swells, I can get by without any pills. but anything about that, hahahaha well, I start poppin the pills. do you think that there are any certain kinds in particular that work better than others???

I dont think I'll be drinking alchohol on that trip keeping in mind that i am only 15.[Smile][Smile][cool] I always drink plenty of water on the boats.

joe
[signature]

Hi HD_tubinjoe,

Now's the time for you to learn to use the noaa website! Accessing it with google, you'll find just about anything you ever wanted to know about our weather and ocean conditons now and for days to come. It takes a little effort to work thru all the info but once you learn what's going on you'll know more of what to expect than most anglers! water temp, current, swell size, timing, and direction!

Check it out! It' worth the hassle!

JapanRon
[signature]
I use the sportfishingreport.com site for all my fishcounts and water conditions, but their graphs don't go that far down south. and i dont know how to read all of those abbreviations and numbers and stuff. i dont know what they mean. I have tried the noaa site, but i just dont get it.

joe
[signature]
[cool]When I worked the boats we called it Capistrano Fever...return of the swallows. We also told the chummers who wanted some pills that those little pills wouldn't hold it down once it started up.
[signature]
well... I dont think I have time to get a prescription. i am leaving tomorrow, friday.

glad to hear i am not alone on this sickness thing.

joe
[signature]
Also if you actuallyu have someone hit you over the head with a bat works too! [pirate] Just kidding. Actually I have heard of the patch. Some docs will write you one without going in and call it into the pharmacy.

I tried it and I sweated real bad and it came off [Sad]
[signature]