Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting Ready for Ice Fishing?
So . . . what's everyone doing to get ready for the ice this year. New Augers, Ice Gear, Ice Tents, maybe even a new 4 wheeler? [Image: happy.gif]

I was happy to hear windriver got some new cold weather clothes. I would freeze every time I saw him in that stadium jacket in below zero weather! [Image: bobwink.gif]
[signature]
I will be building a sled for my ice hut and working on the jet sled.
[signature]
Ya, I am happy with my ice armor. I just don't know why they got cheap in the sleeves. The sleeves don't have the same liner as the rest of the suit.

I really want to get another fishfinder/flasher. I love my vex, but my kids are always taking it. Probably won't be able to afford that this year.

I know Steelfisher is thinking about getting a Nils hand auger. I hope he does so I can play with it.[cool] I hear they cut through ice like hot butter.

Windriver
[signature]
Even faster than a hot knife through butter! I let chrome junky borrow mine once last year and was afraid I wouldn't get it back![Smile]
[signature]
Last year was my first year ice fishing. I got a new vex, auger, sled, Arctic armor suite, poles, tent, tackle, scoop. I will buy a new sled and maybe a nicer pole or two other than that I hope I am done for a wile.

Jim
[signature]
After 20 years on the ice or more I have more gear than I can ever fish with but . . . maybe a few more of windriver's paddlebugs! [Image: bobwink.gif]
[signature]
I need to switch my paddle bugs to better hooks since I am going to hook such big fish this year.[Wink]

Windriver
[signature]
what is a good hand auger that is fairly inexspencive the one I am using now it takes me about 5 min per hole and it wears me out bad after one hole I like ice fishing alot but am a greenhorn when it comes to good gear for it so any help is apreciated... Heck I don't even use ice poles I use short riverpoles instead cuz I don't feel the nesicary for a short ice pole but to each his own right...... But I do want a good auger would like a gass auger but they are out of my budget I would rather a hand auger for the brief exercise haha
[signature]
There are some excellent hand augers out there now and I hear that Lazer is the best but it is higher than others.

Have you replaced your blades? I know on my backup auger, which is a hand auger when I have new blades it is very quick and easy. Especially on early ice.
[signature]