Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All tricks, No treats.. 10/31
Launched out of callville with my buddy alil before 6am, water condition was good, with a light wind blowin. we decided to hit swallow bay area and fish the coves and mouth of the bay. so we are heading around lovers cove, i go to grab my jug of coffea and it slipped out of my hand into the water... BAH.. right then i knew it wasnt gonna be a good day.

We get to the fishing spot which has been very productive for me on a fairly consistent basis in swallow bay, and i see some blips on the ff so my mood is somewhat improving but only thing was that it was like a ghost town as far as fish go, didnt see much of nothin on topwater, and blips on ff were few and far between just looked dead.

I started with a zara spook and my buddy was poppin for a bit but nothin was interested, so i tied on a crank and my buddy did a dropshot with worm. nothin. so we went and hit some more nice coves around the area, but nothin..at this point im thinkin to myself,dam this is weird. So off we go to deep waters around 90+ft, we both rig up some spoons to do some tag team spoonin.

So i start sendin my spoon down and at this point im in a daze tryin to figure out WTF is goin on, then all of a sudden my buddy shifts his weight quick as hell to starboard side, im caught off balance and i do a dam cartwheel right of the side of the boat, head first into the water, *fnj!!v,fndf*! pissed as all hell i climb into the boat and realize that my blackberry was still in my pocket F***!!!! so im soaked, my phone is toast and my buddy was holding back the laughter, was real close to throw him the hell out of my boat.

Soaked,cold,pissed,and frustrated i wasnt gonna quit, we kept at it for another 2 hours with only 1 dink striper and a few missed hits on topwater to show for my misery. id rather eat the rotten a**hole of a roadkill skunk and down it with beer before i go through that miserable kinda day again.. meh
[signature]
Dont feel bad its just a game sometimes you win and sometimes not [cool] talk about all tricks n no treats & some rotten skunk a-hole is right.I lost my last brand new phone at pyramid lake same exact scenario except 3 of us went into the drink. How big is your boat? Did u even bother with bait?
[signature]
daaaaang that sux, sorry to hear about your day, mead can be tough, i havent been back since i sunk my blazer into the clay/mud and spent half my fishing trip trying to dig out, it was very discouraging, way to hang in there and countinue to go at it thats the spirit, i probly would have packed it in after the dip into the drink, better luck next time [fishin]
[signature]
oh i know [crazy], from the get go it was just f'd up really. had some minor motor problems as well that were plagueing me from the beginning also so... I just have a lil 12ft'r, first time into the drink off of that boat though. I did do some bon chovies for a bit, caught that small striper and i was pretty much done at that point, had to be gettin home to get the kids ready for halloween n stuff anyways so. was just an odd day out there, was a few bass boats in the area but i didnt see anybody catch anything
[signature]
dayum, you took a spill. That had to be cold for while with that cloud cover out there. I know exactly what you mean about being dead. The surface activity was crazy slow. The lake seemed like a ghost lake, just silent. We launched out of callville too and worked that whole area for nada. We finally went over to the wash and pulled about 6 or so dinks. Where the hell are the stripers at, they moved out. That sucks about your phone. [fishin]
[signature]
yea vegaskid i was pretty cold for the rest of the trip lol.. i couldnt locate anything worth a damn at any of my locations, was gonna to head to the wash but after i fell in i didnt feel like it. think ima start goin back out to cottonwood and play in the river for awhile. hell i dunno
[signature]
Sorry to hear about that, Tow. Was it still better than a day at work?

I've gotten a few of my blackberries wet, one of them in the toilet, lol [fishin]
The best thing I've found to do is remove the battery immediately. If you have canned air spray it out as best you can and then put it in a ziploc bag with some dry rice. It will take the moisture out of places that can't be reached. Leave it in there for a day. I've salvaged at least two this way.

You can take it a step further and buy some electronic contact cleaner to hose it down before the rice.

Then again you might have a warranty....

I buy mine used on CL & eBay because I thrash em'

Lately I've been pretty good about leaving mine in the truck since there's no reception down at Willow. Different story at the lake though.

Thanks for the report!
[signature]
Erawk LoL.. the toilet.. anyways, yea it beats goin to work for sure it was just so stale out there man. ill be back at it this weekend, not sure if ill be at mead or down to cottonwood and chase some striper around the river
[signature]
Hey never heard that tip erawk sounds like it will work thanks[cool] I'll remember that next time I sacrifice a phone or cam 2 the lake or other forms of water.
[signature]