Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Even with help from...
Even with help from my spotter , I haven't saw one deer yet.
He likes Reese's cups.
I think I'm in between two big bait piles that have kept deer from my area .
Trail cams picked up several deer a day then all at once Three weeks ago they quit showing up completely , day or night .
Going to public land this weekend, grrrr .
[signature]
I took my little spotter out last weekend. She got to see her first buck up close (and not on TV) She was beyond excited and scared him off... was still a lot of fun.

Who would have thought that out of 5 kids my hunting buddy turns out to be my 2 year old daughter. She loves it.
[signature]
gotta love it.... [cool]
[signature]
most of the reports I have heard are the deer are moving primarily during the wee hours of the morning. They have been in my garden at night, but at my house, they come right in to the front yard, they dont even care if I am standing out side in the yard or not, they just come right on in as pretty as they please... I mean just feet away from me, look me up and down and continue eating grass in my yard...

so much for being a fearce relentless hunter, [laugh]

sides of which, dont them deer know they can get bed bugs from people? [sly]
[signature]
At least your all seeing deer ..I havent seen a deer in the back yard .in over a month. I been out hunting ..seen one doe ...Not to many deer left in this county
[signature]
I had 4 come in Sunday morning , all antler less.
The young two came close enough for a shot but , I don't hunt the puppy dog size deer , I wanted the big fat cows .
The trouble with the big heifers , they aren't all that stupid.
I was winded and they stood back from the trail , turned and did a U-turn back the way they came , the pup in tow .
Went back out with my youngest around one O'clock to hunt some bushy tail tree chickens .
My gal saw two and let the lead fly from the .22 , she got one that was on full sprint on the third shot , not bad at a good 40 yards .
After that I spent the evening sitting in the oak tree , looking down on all the nuts on the ground that were looking up at the one left sitting in the tree .
[signature]
The field cameras on the farm and guys (myself included) out scouting and sitting in blinds have reported the following bucks in our area.

1- Spike

1- 4 point

2- 6 points (not the same deer twice cuz one is real dark and the other is white rack)

2- 8 points (again, one with dark rack and one with white. (they must be related.... The dark rack one is supposidly real tall with huge G2's)

There was also a report from the farm to the south of us by a bow hunter having a monster non-typical in the area. (somewhere around 12 -15 pointer) but we havn't seen him at all on the field cameras.

A herd of about 12 does around as well.

I went out and tested the hornady rounds through the 12 gauge last night and it's dead on. Put a group of 3 shots within 2-3 inches of eachother at 100 yards. Another group of 3 shots at 160 yards in about a 4 inch group.

NOW ALL I HAVE TO DO IS CONVIENCE MY BOSS TO GIVE ME MONDAY OFF !!!!!!!! (I feel a cold coming on)[:p]
[signature]
I guess that a note from Dr.Cabela's would be too obvious wouldn't it ?
Well good luck to you when you do go .
My plans are to take the youngest out again for her deer then head over to deercamp for a couple days with the guys .
Setting the deercamp treestand up on saturday, too many theives out to have put it up any earlier .
so far zero luck getting back out the last few days , work, work, work .
[signature]