Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clearfield pond
My brother has been fishing at Clearfield pond (Behind Charly Charly's)? I was just wondering if anyone has fished there much? He has been catching a lot of bluegil. Someone told him the record catch and release catfish was caught there this year. I assume it is the record for bullhead and not channels. If it is even true. Does anyone know anything about this place?

CABLEGUY
[signature]
Where is this pond exactly? I'm going up to clearfield next week I wouldn't mind stopping over and "testing the waters". If there are bluegill there are probably LM Bass also.
[signature]
It is behind a buisness plaza I think it is called lakeside plaza of something like that. It is a small pond behind a bar called Charlie Charlies I think there might be a bowling alley and possibly a small movie theater there as well. I don't know how to access it though. I know you can sit on the back porch at charlys and you are right on it. This plaza is on state street in clearfield about 400 south I think. If anyone knows anything about the fishing there please let us know.

Cableguy
[signature]

It used to be private and they would not alow adults to fish,I think that has changed.
I have also seen some big Bass caught there.
Not far from there is steed pond it has lots of Blue gill also.
At the top of Layton is Holmes creek Res. or sometimes called "Companies",the cool thing about it is you don't feel like you are in the city any more. It has Blue gill,crappie,walleye,cats,trout,but what it is best known for is the bass.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]If you go to 370 South 500 East in clearfield you will be right at the pond. Two days ago, I was there and watched two dozzen geese land there. I did see some signs saying something about no fishing allowed or something.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]The reason I know where this place is is because that's where I go to mental therapy. My shrink has an office with a view of the pond. I go to the therapist to try to help me with my problem of spending too much time and money fishing. Little does he know, I just look out the window and dream of getting back out on the water ASAP![/size][/font]
[signature]
Clearfield pond is located right behind the Lakeside shopping center. It used to be fenced with no fishing signs posted, but they have taken down the fence and only one sign remains on a building near by.I live about 2 blocks from this pond and we have never been able to fish it. Maybe if you call clearfield city they could tell you for sure if you can fish it. I have seen alot of people fishing there lately
[signature]
Hey HFT, How do youget to Holmes Creek?
[signature]
My son-in-law told me that it was in the paper last week that it is open. I was out of town so I didn't see it. Yes there are always geese on it in the winter and spring I have seen huge flocks land there.I have seen them get huge bass out of there.
[signature]

Coot think of all the awsome fishing stuff you could have with the money you are waisting on a therapist.
I can save ya man, it's called therapy in a brown paper sack.
F.F.M. Holmes creek is above Valley view golf coarse.
[signature]
How do you get there. I am not from up in that area and dont know it well at all
[signature]

FFM I will try to explain but I will probably get you lost. if you can find a map of layton it would make it easy.
there is a smiths on fairfield. just east of that there is a church in the middle of a split in the road, take the left split to the top of the golf coarse.
[signature]
hi Harold i see you live in SLC go the dept. of natural resources about 1500 W. N. temple blvd. when you walk thru the first set of doors theres a wooden display rack look for the book community fishing it will have detailed directions how to get there if theres not one there ask the front desk they usually have have some behind the counter also the little map shop left of the counter has them back corner of the left hand wall again in a wooden rack oh and they are free of charge

chris
[signature]
The new catch and release channel cat was caught there earlier this year, it was 34 & 1/2 inch, I think they said it weighed 16 or 17 lbs. It's still there and getting bigger. I know a guy that is in a local
bass club that was there when it was caught by a kid. He said they were controling the number of people that were fishing there earlier this year but that could have changed. I think he said that you had to enter near a house that is next door, he also said he had caught bass up to 4 lbs there. WH2
[signature]